Singnet Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nottipiglet

Apr 20, 2006
I was on Pacnet for years without a hitch. My wife was on Singnet. After we got married, we moved into the same house. Initially, I moved my Pacnet line over and used it for more than a year. Then, I realised that my wife was still maintaining her Singnet line at her parents home. No point paying for 2 lines right? So, I decided to terminate my Pacnet and move her Singnet over... because the wife insists that she wants to keep her email account.

After my Pacnet line was cut, I applied for the Singnet ADSL line to be installed. They told me that it would be up on 5th Feb. But 5th has gone and 6th is here... and guess what... No ADSL signal! I called their helpline and the operator insists that the ADSL is installed. I told them that there is no signal. I tested with 2 modems from 2 locations in my house, using 2 different PCs... and no signal! But they refused to take my word for it. The operator said that they must arrange for the linesman to do a check, and he's available only from the 13th onwards. Since I am working, the earliest weekend is on the 17th.

THE IDIOTS REFUSE TO CHECK THE SERVER ON THEIR SIDE! THEY INSIST THAT THE PROBLEM LIES ON MY SIDE! They said that they will check their server only after the linesman comes. So... that will be the 17th. Useless bunch of incompetent idiots!

Singnet Sucks!

Ask to speak to the supervisor. :)

Call again and speak to another operator. Is ur side old flat or new flat?

I was on Pacnet for years without a hitch. My wife was on Singnet. After we got married, we moved into the same house. Initially, I moved my Pacnet line over and used it for more than a year. Then, I realised that my wife was still maintaining her Singnet line at her parents home. No point paying for 2 lines right? So, I decided to terminate my Pacnet and move her Singnet over... because the wife insists that she wants to keep her email account.

After my Pacnet line was cut, I applied for the Singnet ADSL line to be installed. They told me that it would be up on 5th Feb. But 5th has gone and 6th is here... and guess what... No ADSL signal! I called their helpline and the operator insists that the ADSL is installed. I told them that there is no signal. I tested with 2 modems from 2 locations in my house, using 2 different PCs... and no signal! But they refused to take my word for it. The operator said that they must arrange for the linesman to do a check, and he's available only from the 13th onwards. Since I am working, the earliest weekend is on the 17th.

THE IDIOTS REFUSE TO CHECK THE SERVER ON THEIR SIDE! THEY INSIST THAT THE PROBLEM LIES ON MY SIDE! They said that they will check their server only after the linesman comes. So... that will be the 17th. Useless bunch of incompetent idiots!

Singnet Sucks!

What do you expect. You should not have let your wife's insistance of maintaing an email account and sway you to switch.

My problem, well, I have signals and over the past 3 1/2 years I lived at my place, I always have signal, with the exception of during heavy storms. And I live near the CBD, not some outlying neighborhood. How?

the dsl link will need ard 1-2min to b stable...if there is no dsl signal at all(nt blinking or solid)...something wrong with the server end or ur hse line...

Be firm and ask for higher up
Do it until you get your way
Of course, be reasonable and no emotional outbursts, etc! =D
Def works, everytime for me

Be firm and ask for higher up
Do it until you get your way
Of course, be reasonable and no emotional outbursts, etc! =D
Def works, everytime for me

I agree. Call again, and if they give you the same BS, ask to talk to a supervisor.

Could have just downgraded the Singnet acct to the cheapest possible, just to keep the email_addr@singnet.com.sg address, and use Pacnet/othernet for actual connectivity... is what I'm doing with my Starhub :)

Ah...it's YOUR decision right? So don't complain lah...

If no signal, go get from them loh...you haven't even started using their service say SingNet sucks? Not very fair right? ;p

So, I decided to terminate my Pacnet and move her Singnet over... because the wife insists that she wants to keep her email account.

I agree. Btw, nottipiglet did u pay any relocation fee for retaining ur wife's Singnet user ID ?

Singnet Sucks!

next year will be better year for you, 2 weeks more to endure... dun be so notti ok? :nono:

Actually when i did a transfer of account but still using ADSL, they did not terminate the ADSL connection, its just a transfer of accounts only, Pacnet to Singnet... since both uses the same network. the ADSL is the same...

If no signal, go get from them loh...you haven't even started using their service say SingNet sucks? Not very fair right? ;p

I find their customer service very bad. Recently i went to hello shop to apply for MIO plan for my new house . Prior to tat, I called MIO customer service hotline to check whether if i can retain my existing User ID and they said YES at no cost at all.

At hello shop i was quoted $40 to retain user ID and $30 if i choose to retain user ID together wif existing phone number. :confused: In the end, didnt sign up.

I called up MIO customer service again and they reconfirm I can retain my user ID at no cost at all.

Will go down hello shop again and scold them when i free :angry:

sometimes the customer service staff is just "too busy".

Yes, it's my decision. Yes, it's a stupid decision, and I admit that it's a mistake. But you mean that if you decide to buy something, and it's bad... then you just sulk? Of course complain lah!

What do you mean I have not started using their service? Line relocation is a service. Provision of the ADSL link is a service. In fact, it's a paid service. They charge $40 for that. All I want is a signal. Is that too much to ask?

If you were to order something online... but they did not deliver it to your house... but they claim that they have and will only check for you 2 weeks later. How would you feel?

I find their customer service very bad. Recently i went to apply for MIO plan for my new house at hello shop. Prior to tat, I called MIO customer service hotline to check whether if i can retain my existing User ID and they said YES at no cost at all.

At hello shop i was quoted $40 to retain user ID and $30 if i choose to retain user ID together wif existing phone number. :confused: In the end, didnt sign up.

I called up MIO customer service again and they reconfirm I can retain my user ID at no cost at all.

Will go down hello shop again and scold them when i free :angry:

Must aim properly hor... wait injure innocent bystander... haha... i waiting for singnet to have Wii promo or PS3 promo then i jump, MOL no hope liao, at most a xbox360 promo nia... ;p

next year will be better year for you, 2 weeks more to endure... dun be so notti ok? :nono:

Actually when i did a transfer of account but still using ADSL, they did not terminate the ADSL connection, its just a transfer of accounts only, Pacnet to Singnet... since both uses the same network. the ADSL is the same...

That's what I thought initially... but that's not the practice now. The guy at the Hello shop told me that they maintain separate servers now. So, 1 must stop completely before the other can connect.

What do you expect. You should not have let your wife's insistance of maintaing an email account and sway you to switch.

My problem, well, I have signals and over the past 3 1/2 years I lived at my place, I always have signal, with the exception of during heavy storms. And I live near the CBD, not some outlying neighborhood. How?

Though I agree with you, I don't know any way to solve your problem.

I agree. Btw, nottipiglet did u pay any relocation fee for retaining ur wife's Singnet user ID ?

Yes. Relocation fee was $40. Transfer of user ID to my name was $10. I don't mind paying these up front fees... just give me my signal!

Status
Not open for further replies.