Status
Not open for further replies.

naviseal

Feb 27, 2004
Coronado
going to sign up for broadband soon, but dunno which one is the better choice
If not broadband, is dial-up worth it? :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Starhub!! I'm a cable user!! :D

definitely singnet.. adsl gives u more stability.. cable the performance not really consistent..

that aside, what really key is are u a heavy user? ie how many hours u use daily and for wat purpose? if u're a light user, then can go for jetpack which is only $19

as for pacnet.. well they dont own the infra.. only leases frm singtel n starhub..

just look at the market share.. singtel has 60% while starhub only 40%..

Starhub Maxonline 1500.
Really depends on your usage, to determine if dial-up is worth it.

Perhaps you should be asking if switching to broadband is worth it, if your usage is low, don't download 'hugh' files, do not intend to share access, and speed not an issue.

Starhub! Cable services are really fast...but of course...I face service interuptions whenever there's a heavy thunderstorm...which is rather rare tho' (i faced 1 only).....but in normal case, there shouldn't be a prob.

I love it cos I am always downloading heavy stuffs...real heavy files etc...
Depends on your needs now...

I am an ex-singnet user who recently switched to starhub.
In my case, I switched because singnet dialup always fail on me, like there are quite a lot of days when I cannot dialup.
There are also multiple users of the line in my house, so sometimes quite slow when there are 2 people using.

I was on 256K broadband Singnet, unlimited.

PacNet user here, so far no major issue. :thumbsup:
Contract ending soon.

May change to starhub, as it support Xbox Live! :sweatsm:

AlexLum said:
PacNet user here, so far no major issue. :thumbsup:
Contract ending soon.

May change to starhub, as it support Xbox Live! :sweatsm:

Starhub support XBox Live! ?? That's damn cool!! Can't wait for them to release the Live! kit!! :bsmilie:

Have been using Pacnet BB for 2 years. Never have a single issue at all. Might want to convert to their cable service and give it a try ;)

let's put it this way, do u want true broadband? if u do, get SCV.

i hvnt got a friend who uses Singnet & never complain to me about it, if not for the contract, they will have switched to SCV.

singnet uses cheap pricing as a gimmick, but it never offers true broadband. there's such thing as u/l & d/l cap! and its speed is many times slower than SCV.

used to be Singnet 56K, but later switch to MaxOnline. Fast and reliable, don't need to dial some more

Used to be on PacNet 512K Unlimited for 1 year. I think it's quite okay.. just don't miss paying your bills on time coz their billing system sucks big time (I missed once, my billing statement got messed up and at one point, it led to PacNet cutting off my connection). Not sure if things have changed though.

I've since switched to SCV (now Starhub) and have been happily on their MOL1500 for almost 2 years. The only time I somehow miss PacNet is when playing online (SCV's upstream is capped to 128kbps)...

I'd say, go for Starhub! :D

I was on all three before... the verdict is still SCV.

With SNBB, it will always be a connection from the phone line... same with PNBB.

At least with SCV, you're tapping on a proper bandwidth that is dedicated to data... and that's important.

SCV all the way. I used Cable in Canada, and i'm using Cable in Singapore. Hasn't failed me a single time. Maxonline 1500 is good for my 3 PCs working on a wireless network.

Thx to all for yr kind suggestions.
Therefore I think i will ops for 1st choice SH, 2nd SN, 3rd PN and last choice use office (FOC) :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.