Singnet promotion Free ibook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma

Aug 13, 2005
Local
Hi everyone here, any idea on the specification of the ibook like does it come with the wireless adaptor etc.:thumbsup: :lovegrin:

soma said:
Hi everyone here, any idea on the specification of the ibook like does it come with the wireless adaptor etc.:thumbsup: :lovegrin:

Can anyone help:dunno: :sweat:

radiation said:
ha ha , it;s a 36 mths contract man . . .

do check tis out

http://www.singnet.com.sg/promotions/promo10mbps.asp

well if i'm not mistaken 512 mb ram , 30/40 gb hdd wif built in bluetooth also .

Thank radiation, I know it's 36 mths that why need to find out the specification to see if the promotion is worth it.:thumbsup:

soma said:

Help!!:gbounce: :rbounce:

The notebook is worth about $1600-1700 I think. IMHO, it's not worth that 36 months contract. :think:

the 12" one should be the laptop they're giving. check the left hand column of the webpage. arghh... this makes me want to get an apple too!!

Currently using pc but was attracted by the promotion and happen the contract from starhub has ended month ago and without any attractive promo from them so thinking of switching to the RED side.:lovegrin:

Hi togu, why not worth it? currently are you using Mac? kindly advice on this ibook.

soma said:
Currently using pc but was attracted by the promotion and happen the contract from starhub has ended month ago and without any attractive promo from them so thinking of switching to the RED side.:lovegrin:

Hi togu, why not worth it? currently are you using Mac? kindly advice on this ibook.

Er... I'm looking at the 36 months contract. It's just too long, and signing a 36 months contract for a $1700 notebook is not worth it.

togu said:
Er... I'm looking at the 36 months contract. It's just too long, and signing a 36 months contract for a $1700 notebook is not worth it.

.. 36 months is rather long...:sweat: :sweat: but for the ibook... any one can advice on this ibook???:thumbsd: :thumbsup: ??

soma said:
.. 36 months is rather long...:sweat: :sweat: but for the ibook... any one can advice on this ibook???:thumbsd: :thumbsup: ??
What sort of advice you want on the ibook?

$88 x 36 = $3168

12" 1.33GHz iBook = $1788
Wireless mouse = $98

after minus off the ibook price, you are paying $36.11 per month for a 10Mbps unlimited ADSL connection

reminds me of the good old days when i was paying $35 per month for cable trial

Now comes the interesting part...

Who will take the iBook!?!?!

My home switching to that plan. Who gets the iBook? Why they give only 1?

espn said:
What sort of advice you want on the ibook?

Hi espn, how's the ibook giving out for this promotion? speed compare to pc? Never use wireless before so wonder do i need to purchase any additional item for using it since they already giving away the wireless modem?

Point is.. Is Mac user friendly?:sweatsm:

soma said:
Hi espn, how's the ibook giving out for this promotion? speed compare to pc? Never use wireless before so wonder do i need to purchase any additional item for using it since they already giving away the wireless modem?

The speed is average, I won't say slow, but very good for normal usage, I didn't find my iBook slow when I had it, the speed is slow in starting, but the programs run fast without any complains. Also, nobody shuts down the iBook at all, just close the lid and it goes into sleep mode, can move it around like in a haversack, etc. It drains very minimal battery and it's always ready when you just open the lid.

The wireless - Airport Extreme, is built-in into the iBook, it's just like a wireless card that connects PC notebooks to the network. If your home network is set to broadcast SSID and uses no WEP encryption, a simple "Turn On AirPort" click on the icon will set your iBook connecting to home network. Even for my network which I disabled broadcasting of SSID and 128Bit WEP, it's still very much easy to configure, took me 5minutes to connect to my network.

For a precise match against PC vs Mac - http://www.apple.com/switch, you'll find that most software on PC can be found on Mac, and more. If you ask me user friendly, I'd say yes.

soma said:

is PC user friendly? if you can operate a PC, mac is peanuts. I perfer Mac operations expect during printing and scanning when i feel PC is more friendler. Otherwise macs are more easiler to use.

As for the G4 ibooks, how fast you want your machine to go? its a notebook. In my humble opinion is good to go, lots of photography professionals also uses the Ibook, like Ken Seet. Others like my friend uses the Ibook for presentation, many others uses the older generation ibbok and powerbook with lower specs than the current model are still happily using it (me included) to work and play.

zod said:
$88 x 36 = $3168

12" 1.33GHz iBook = $1788
Wireless mouse = $98

after minus off the ibook price, you are paying $36.11 per month for a 10Mbps unlimited ADSL connection

reminds me of the good old days when i was paying $35 per month for cable trial
is this the correct method to calculate?
what is this clause >>> Promotional rates apply for the first 3/36 months, afterwhich standard prices prevailing at the expiry of the promotional rates

beware, beware, beware!

Soma,

The specs for the ibook that Singnet is giving out is the same as listed on apple site. You can all 1610 and ask them to fax you the forms & the specs is given there.

IMO, now i pay $58 for 1500kbps. FOr the promo, additional $30 x 36 = $1080 more. CAn get ibook, wireless modem & higher speed. Should be okay i think.

Only downside, if within the 36months Singnet lower price plan or got new promo then :cry: :bheart: :thumbsd: :eek: ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.