Singnet or Starhub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henessy

Feb 1, 2006
Bishan
www.henessyphoto.blogspot.com
Hi people, should I get the starhub's 12000 plan or singnet's 5MBps $50 plan. I have check that the price after deducting the laptop from starhub for both plans are around the same. So which one should I go after. Which plan has a faster speed?

Thanks

starhub for me. definitely see less users having problems with starhub. and one thing i like about it is its instant connection.

But it seems that there are more and more people using starhub. I am worried that the speed will get slower and slower.

:what:

you really think you get those advertised speeds they put up? those are theorectical maximum speeds. in theory ferrari can go >300km/h but in sg got chance to use?

More people use, speed slower.. yes.. but how slow is 'slow'?

If you think slow is bad.. well.. I rather have it slow than disconnected.

you really think you get those advertised speeds they put up? those are theorectical maximum speeds. in theory ferrari can go >300km/h but in sg got chance to use?

If that is the case, then I might as well get the cheapest plan, since I will not know the actual speed of each plan.

Not all SingNet connection will get disconnected. It depends on a lot of factors why any connection get disconnected. I've been a SingNet user since the 56K days, no problems whatsoever. I've just upgraded to 5mbps, and here's what I've got. This shows that I'm getting more than what I'm suppose to get.

Not all SingNet connection will get disconnected. It depends on a lot of factors why any connection get disconnected. I've been a SingNet user since the 56K days, no problems whatsoever. I've just upgraded to 5mbps, and here's what I've got. This shows that I'm getting more than what I'm suppose to get.

cool. DCA, can test out your maxonline ultimate? wonder will work anot? 30kbps like over the test limit leh.:bsmilie:

my vote goes to starhub... so far no real problems except peak hrs in my area.. arnd 9pm-12am... but for the past 2 mths i've been enjoying top notch speed.. n im nt even using ultimate...

ADSL making use of existing phoneline and performance sometimes is prone to the phone line condition...in new housing estate it should be fine but my collegue who is staying in older estate having intermitten disconnection issue...Singtel technician paid him a home visit and admitted that the signal quality is not so good....but after don't know what they tune at his house's riser....things get back to normal again :think:

I was an early adopter for ADSL too and was a subscriber to Pacnet....but I gave up after the contractual period becoz me too encounter the intermitten disconnection issue....and I am staying in new housing estate??? So I think it's more like poor service provider rather than the hardware......ADSL is simply too unstable and unpredictable.....Likelihood so becoz my company also subscribing to Singnet ADSL biz plan and we are in a very old building.....until I can perpetually open the riser and look for the phoneline patch panel to tab the phoneline with a twised pair if I wanted to.....however the line service was rock solid......rightly so becoz we paid premium over those Singnet home plan....therefore I find the service standard can be very discreet by the service provider and they can actually give you priority if they wanted to :(

As for Starhub.....I have not have any disconnection issue at all for the last 4 years....I just think that Starhub has the advantage because basically all the SCV point are newly laid in the last 10 years and Coax cable should be better shielded.....in theory it can transfers more data than a twisted pair.....but their cost is really :sweat:

However today I saw Singnet 10Mbps given out a Sony 32" LCD TV for the 28mths plan....after working out the extra cost...I am still enjoying much saving..on top of that I will be having higher bandwidth(which I am not really needed).....So now I am in the same dilemma to plunge or not to plunge...I have until end of this Sitex show to consider :sweat:

ADSL making use of existing phoneline and performance sometimes is prone to the phone line condition...in new housing estate it should be fine but my collegue who is staying in older estate having intermitten disconnection issue...Singtel technician paid him a home visit and admitted that the signal quality is not so good....but after don't know what they tune at his house's riser....things get back to normal again :think:

I was an early adopter for ADSL too and was a subscriber to Pacnet....but I gave up after the contractual period becoz me too encounter the intermitten disconnection issue....and I am staying in new housing estate??? So I think it's more like poor service provider rather than the hardware......ADSL is simply too unstable and unpredictable.....Likelihood so becoz my company also subscribing to Singnet ADSL biz plan and we are in a very old building.....until I can perpetually open the riser and look for the phoneline patch panel to tab the phoneline with a twised pair if I wanted to.....however the line service was rock solid......rightly so becoz we paid premium over those Singnet home plan....therefore I find the service standard can be very discreet by the service provider and they can actually give you priority if they wanted to :(

As for Starhub.....I have not have any disconnection issue at all for the last 4 years....I just think that Starhub has the advantage because basically all the SCV point are newly laid in the last 10 years and Coax cable should be better shielded.....in theory it can transfers more data than a twisted pair.....but their cost is really :sweat:

However today I saw Singnet 10Mbps given out a Sony 32" LCD TV for the 28mths plan....after working out the extra cost...I am still enjoying much saving..on top of that I will be having higher bandwidth(which I am not really needed).....So now I am in the same dilemma to plunge or not to plunge...I have until end of this Sitex show to consider :sweat:

http://www.singnet.com.sg/plans_and_services/broadband/snbb.asp?snbb=10Matl

on the T&C number 1..

Promotions end on 29 December 2006

dun think promo end this sun...

NONE i should say. Not worth the laptop not worth the bravia.

Yeah,me a singnet user say i will change to starhub only my contract up.
They have dunno what digital voice,do check them out.

I hate it when they want to collect $40 for cancelling of Business ADSL service when contract have ended and 1 mth notice given.

I hate it when they want to collect $40 for cancelling of Business ADSL service when contract have ended and 1 mth notice given.

VOIP you mean.. I'm still waiting for better deals for my MOL. Starhub always give Laptop deals.. and typical Singaporeans will surely sign up just for the sake of "free" item. But i don't need laptop leh.. ;(

go and sign up for sinknet la...

and guess wat, immediately after that, u will be in the queue of ppl saying "why my connection lost huh? did any1 experience this too??"

After a year u will say "wat the heck, i nearly get once a month of disconnection, i should have signed for hubby"

go and sign up for sinknet la...

and guess wat, immediately after that, u will be in the queue of ppl saying "why my connection lost huh? did any1 experience this too??"

After a year u will say "wat the heck, i nearly get once a month of disconnection, i should have signed for hubby"

Call Singnet for a line check. I experienced the disconnection and being the 'IT' man of the house, I get blamed for that. ;(

Called them and after some checking, they said their equipment faulty. :eek:

digital voice is a fixed line telephone line by sh.. it is exactly the same as your singtel phone except it operates on digital cable which your SCV and maxonline runs on.

to me.. as phones and internet goes more and more mobile.. fixed line stuff are like flower vase.. once in a blue moon then use.

Status
Not open for further replies.