SingNet launched 10Mbps & 25Mbps plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good if you do a lot of downloading from Singapore based sites, like clubsnap ;p . Overseas sites, well, you are only as fast as the slowest link between you and the server, which I doubt will be faster than 1.5 Mbit/s.

Sorry .. but still find they're not good ... they monitor what you download and their speeds are not that fantastic after all.

dEthANGeL said:
Sorry .. but still find they're not good ... they monitor what you download and their speeds are not that fantastic after all.
so what? no diff whether you're using starhub or singnet.

Drudkh said:
so what? no diff whether you're using starhub or singnet.

heh ... its what they implement at the backend ;)

Pacnet, Starhub all uses singtel line what. All riding on the same backbone.

Anyway, it's all marketting gimmicks, people fall for the "more is better" myth once more.

but the problem I don't like PacNet is that upon cancellation of line, there'll be a charge. why? because SingNet charges PacNet. but SingNet cancellation has no charges.

espn said:
Pacnet, Starhub all uses singtel line what. All riding on the same backbone.

Anyway, it's all marketting gimmicks, people fall for the "more is better" myth once more.

Its true they are all using same singtel line and the same Singapore backbone. But once out of Singapore, different ISPs have different routes to even the same destination. I recently switch ISP just because of that reason. Even though I am getting the similar ping latency from the new ISP, I no longer gets lag spike *and freezes for 5secs to few minutes* when connecting a US game server for my gameplay.

Jason Ho said:
Its true they are all using same singtel line and the same Singapore backbone. But once out of Singapore, different ISPs have different routes to even the same destination. I recently switch ISP just because of that reason. Even though I am getting the similar ping latency from the new ISP, I no longer gets lag spike *and freezes for 5secs to few minutes* when connecting a US game server for my gameplay.
from SH to SN?

reno77 said:
Isnt Pacnet implementing Wireless Broadband soon?
BlueMax ? Or whatever is that again? Global wireless methinks.

Jason Ho said:
The routing depends on SG's main backbone routing isn't it? It's dependant on ISPs meh? :confused:

yes, the route tables.

island-wide wireless seems quite risky. when it rains your signal drops.

My personal experience is that I find no difference in upgrading. You will never be able to get the full bandwidth that you paid for. The fastest link is only as fast as the slowest link to any sites. It all depends on where you download from, what time of the day it is and also how many people are downloading at the same time. I can live with the normal broadband connection. I don't mind upgrading if they can prove to me that my surfing or downloading is faster. I think it is all a hype.

Well, you can get 25mbps in Japan for S$55.

Our prices are way too high.

LazerLordz said:

I agree, HK is already offering 10mbps for S$35. That's why they don't bother to secure their wireless network. It more than what they can use.

Its no point if the price is not coming down, fewer people gonna take up broadband.

LazerLordz said:

I think broadband is still too high, i am hoping for S$10 for 25mbps. dunno when? 5 years?

Harry Potter said:
I think broadband is still too high, i am hoping for S$10 for 25mbps. dunno when? 5 years?
50 years maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.