SingNET is unreasonable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Absurd! Ridiculous! I'm about to apply for a suspension and sent an e-mail to SingNET on this service. To my absolute surprise, BANG! A reply from them stated I would be charged SG$40 per month (w/o GST)!

Would you pay this amount for not using their broadband internet service? :thumbsd::angry:

Absurd! Ridiculous! I'm about to apply for a suspension and sent an e-mail to SingNET on this service. To my absolute surprise, BANG! A reply from them stated I would be charged SG$40 per month (w/o GST)!

Would you pay this amount for not using their broadband internet service? :thumbsd::angry:
so have you sent the email, if not where do you get the reply from? :dunno:

might as well downgrade..

Yes!!!

Why don't you just terminate it?

If you are still in contract, you will still be charge , whether you suspend or not. I have ask for suspension several yrs ago. That should be in the T&C.

relax lah bro, just think of it as donating to the charity.

Dun think so. Normally termination means paying the remaining months. Basically contract means you buy their say 3 yrs plan, then pay in installments.

Else you think so easy ar, give you freebies when signing contract.

When you sign the contract, the terms and conditions are listed on the paper mah.
Starhub, M1 should have the same contractual terms.

So how can say Singnet unreasonable wor?

:dunno: :p :dunno:

I'm so happy with the big GREEN.:)

If you're under contract, it does not sound unreasonable for you to be charged for suspension. If not everyone sign 2 year contracts, get freebies, and then say they want to suspend for 2 years.

The other alternative proposal for a suspension is to propose to Singnet to extend your contract period for the duration you are suspended for. It is still fair to pay a certain sum though, because you are essentially deferring your liability under this proposal.

If you're under contract, it does not sound unreasonable for you to be charged for suspension. If not everyone sign 2 year contracts, get freebies, and then say they want to suspend for 2 years.

The other alternative proposal for a suspension is to propose to Singnet to extend your contract period for the duration you are suspended for. It is still fair to pay a certain sum though, because you are essentially deferring your liability under this proposal.
Agreed with it. The freebies itselfs cost money, they are already being calculated in the contract, this is how biz works, be it Internet services, mobile service, TV services or fitness services.

Status
Not open for further replies.