Single leaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvyn

Oct 4, 2003
Singapore
alvyn.two-am.org
Hi guys, not very good at photography. Here's a picture I took of a leaf... the end result was kinda unexpected. Please give me some comments on how I can improve on such shots. Thanks!

solitude.gif

Alvyn, what kind of shot were you thinking of and why did this seem to surprise you? What had you in mind when doing this shot?

i'm quite new to photography, then when i was taking the shot, i just snapped it by looking thru the view finder coz the sun was too glaring for me to see the image in the lcd. was expecting something fuzzier and out of focus, so when i transfered it over to my comp, i was surprised that it actually turned out half decent... haha... :D

The background is very distracting. It would be good if you include more of the leaf with backlighting.

you can try out the same sorta shot with a more interestingly-shaped leaf or with a leaf or leaves which fall or hang in an interesting way. what i think you might have been surprised with was the background blur, which maybe you've never gotten before? just a guess. now you know your camera can do that sorta stuff, you can experiment with more interesting subjects and composition. :)

pure flame said:
you can try out the same sorta shot with a more interestingly-shaped leaf or with a leaf or leaves which fall or hang in an interesting way. what i think you might have been surprised with was the background blur, which maybe you've never gotten before? just a guess. now you know your camera can do that sorta stuff, you can experiment with more interesting subjects and composition. :)

haha no lar i wasn't surprised by the dof... was surprised that it actually turned out "in focus" :) thanks man... taken note of all the advice... gonna try again one day :)

any tips on the composition? really need em ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.