Singapore's social policy not future-proof

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
No 'Social Policy' is ever future proof.... no here, not there... not everywhere... since NO ONE can see the future. Policy for the 'future' is set only with the best of available information currently. The trick is to readjust the standing Policy every 3-5 years to suit any changes in situation in the future. :think:

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
wanna see future??? look at history.

hanzohattori

Apr 16, 2010
I think more importantly.. he is saying that he sees signs of the policy failure to address current issues even now..
And unless it is addressed quickly, the future will not look good..

stuck

Mar 12, 2010
Interesting read indeed. Thanks for sharing!

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com
An interesting read - thanks for highlighting.

"Stop Wanting Stupid S---" - indeed. How rich you are depends on how content you are, not how big the number you have in the bank, or how powerful or expensive your car is.

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
No 'Social Policy' is ever future proof.... no here, not there... not everywhere... since NO ONE can see the future. Policy for the 'future' is set only with the best of available information currently. The trick is to readjust the standing Policy every 3-5 years to suit any changes in situation in the future. :think:
I think he or the person writing the headline was trying to be polite. The message in the text itself is loud and clear. May be that's one reason why he left GIC.

Yutaka Go

May 22, 2010
SG
No children = no future = no need to be future proof

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
i didn't read from top to bottom but i spotted this :

He disagrees: 'The original brand of the ***(filtered :D ), as I remember it, was pragmatically meeting the needs of the ordinary citizen and often exceeding expectations in doing so on a universal basis. And it did so from the 1950s to 1980s.

'Back then, their policies were revolutionary and ahead of time, because they anticipated and drove and mastered the future. I would love to see them recapture that original brand.'

Top Bottom