Singapore's First Cable Ski Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

gloved

Feb 15, 2007
I'm practising my panning shots with my D80+kit lens.

Does this look like a good pan shot to you? How to make it better? Experimented with various setting but its either too prone to hand shake or its too dark....:dunno:

taken with shutter speed 1/125, aperture F5.6 and focal length of 135mm. cropped, colours n contrast enhanced with ps.

DSC_4891.jpg

If you are just asking on your panning skills, then good attempt! Else, it is a pity you have just captured half of the person's face. Your pic would have told a much different story if you have captured his face from another perspective.

Really nice photograph =) I believe you took a landscape photograph and cropped it in =) I'm about to get a D80 myself and seeing what it can do is giving me more confidence in my decision =) Looking forward to see more of your photographs =) Cheerio!

:p

Does this look like a good pan shot to you? How to make it better? Experimented with various setting but its either too prone to hand shake or its too dark....:dunno:

Practise. Or else make use of IS mode 2.

taken with shutter speed 1/125, aperture F5.6 and focal length of 135mm. cropped, colours n contrast enhanced with ps.

Can be better if you lower the shutter speed. If it helps, get one of those viewfinder that mounts on your flash hotshoe to help you in your panning shot... some photographers still "cheat" this way. For me, there is no cheating or not... do whatever you can to get that shot! (Something my editor tells me whenever I have an assignment... LOL).

Additional note : You can play with curves to bring out more punch in the image, and there is a green cast...

DSC_4891.jpg

Practise. Or else make use of IS mode 2.

Can be better if you lower the shutter speed. If it helps, get one of those viewfinder that mounts on your flash hotshoe to help you in your panning shot... some photographers still "cheat" this way. For me, there is no cheating or not... do whatever you can to get that shot! (Something my editor tells me whenever I have an assignment... LOL).

Additional note : You can play with curves to bring out more punch in the image, and there is a green cast...

DSC_4891.jpg

Hey can you give an example of the viewfinder you mentioned about? Maybe a weblink? Thanks =)

:p

try to lower the shutter speed to atleast 1/50 or 1/40. This will make it more difficult. But if you get your subject spot on, the result is really nice.

I've done quite a lot of panning shots with both the 18-70mm and 18-135mm, and the results are ok.

Neways, your shot is really good and the subject is sharp enough. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.