Oct 22, 2006
TODAYonline | Singapore | Paralympics: Laurentia Tan scores a silver

554665_414243195306260_826333476_n.jpg
:thumbsup:

power!

gongxi gongxi

edit: I am very proud of her!

Last edited:
I sincerely hope Miss Tan, gets the same recognition for her efforts at these games as did the Table Tennis Bronze medalists.

I am in awe of ALL the competitors at these games, it has been very humbling to watch the highlights on TV. Truly inspiring.

Cheers .....

Actually it all boils down to commercial viable, if there is big demand of viewership and public interest, I am sure the sponsorships and publicities will follow, unfortunately right now, it's still confined to small group of audiance and honestly speaking, I my self have not pay attention to any of the event so i just feel there is a long way to go still....but congrats to the Singapore winner nevertheless.

Last edited:
at last we have a Singapore-born winner

Well, not really "at last".
She is Singapore's most be-medalled Olympian - she has 3 bronzes and a silver to her name, 2 bronzes from the last para-olympics.

Well Done!!!!

Well, not really "at last".
She is Singapore's most be-medalled Olympian - she has 3 bronzes and a silver to her name, 2 bronzes from the last para-olympics.

Well Done!!!!

Funny how there seems to be a different degree of attention paid to her back then though (not that she cares, of course). :) Times are changing.

Well done Laurentia! :)

Last edited:
Especially for a disabled person to control a horse is an achievement... well done.
I wonder what will be her "performance bonus"?

True blood Singaporean.

True Pride.

True flag goes up.

See already super happy.

Go Laurentia!

I feel prouder with Laurentia's achievements than the table tennis medal we paid for
Go Girl ! You really made us proud !!

I feel prouder with Laurentia's achievements than the table tennis medal we paid for
Go Girl ! You really made us proud !!

she paid for her own trainining i heard, she went to UK to train..

If that is true;

Singaporean girl, handicapped, must pay for own training.

China girl, able bodied, garment pay for all stuff.

Nice.

Love bing bong.

Bing Bing Bong Bong, Bing Bong Bing Bong!

She actually lives in the UK has since she was 3 years old. Laurentia Tan

Be as it may, she should be entitled to the same benefits as those whom competed at the Summer Olympics, just because she is handicapped this shouldn't her achievements as to being not as good as the able bodied athletes.

I like this quote from the President of the Society for Physically Disabled:

If we persist in having two different standards, we reinforce the erroneous perception that disabled people are different, and strengthen the barriers against building an inclusive society. We cannot build a gracious inclusive society if we continue to deny the achievements of those perceived to be different and less able than we.

Singapore should be proud of her !

I like this quote from the President of the Society for Physically Disabled:

If we persist in having two different standards, we reinforce the erroneous perception that disabled people are different, and strengthen the barriers against building an inclusive society. We cannot build a gracious inclusive society if we continue to deny the achievements of those perceived to be different and less able than we.

reading it from another perspective, shouldn't Singaporeans be shamed for condemning medals won by the nation, but from imported talent?

food for thought :bsmilie:

The feeling is just different just as u copied and scored 100 marks vs you study and scored 100 marks. You reach the same objective but the feeling is different.

We also had 2 other equestrian competitors there - Gemma Foo and Max Tan. Both were first-time Paralympians, and did well too, coming in 8th and 15th in their respective events :)

The feeling is just different just as u copied and scored 100 marks vs you study and scored 100 marks. You reach the same objective but the feeling is different.

sounds so wrong. you make it seem like the new citizens cheated.

i would feel that in any case, SINGAPORE won the medal.

because after all, we're Singaporeans helping our country to win the gold, new citizens or not

sounds so wrong. you make it seem like the new citizens cheated.

i would feel that in any case, SINGAPORE won the medal.

because after all, we're Singaporeans helping our country to win the gold, new citizens or not

New citizens did not cheat.

Singapore did.

New citizens did not cheat.

Singapore did.

Every nation cheats. Every nation tries to game the system.

b4 we divert into that, let's begin by treating the disabled among us better. rather than champion our paralympians right now then totally forget about the disabled once the paralympics are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.