Singapore's birth trend outlook remains dismal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tax rebate for 5 years, thereafter the kid when start working to retire, gotta pay 45 over years of tax.

Very worth leh ;)

Somemore the govn doesn't work in companies like ours.. they were will understand that 40 hr work week is super impossible in SG? Where got time for family? :bsmilie:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/257208/1/.html

cham liao ! if this goes on, we will goes back a fishing village in 100 years time.. ! :sweat:

:think:

quoting from the article ...

"I think Singapore has reached a point where it has a lot of economic success and now it has some surplus, and it's time to start thinking about the more human element," said Dr Chan.

oh well ... let's get back to work ...

quoting from the article ...

"I think Singapore has reached a point where it has a lot of economic success and now it has some surplus, and it's time to start thinking about the more human element," said Dr Chan.

oh well ... let's get back to work ...

i had some frens who are married but no kids. When asked why, they said need to work and earn more money first ! :sweat: Some said want to enjoy their love life alone first before commit into kids...

they want " pleasure, not horror.. " :devil:

:sweatsm:

if we can have +1% GST rebate for each child, maybe more people will want to have babies? :embrass:

so if have 7 kids, will be no GST :thumbsup:

i had some frens who are married but no kids. When asked why, they said need to work and earn more money first ! :sweat: Some said want to enjoy their love life alone first before commit into kids...

they want " pleasure, not horror.. " :devil:

:sweatsm:

when stress level is high, it's not possible to spare the braincells to plan the future. pleasure becomes a necessity to relieve the pressure so that it doesn't build up. if one doesn't feel secured about the future, one only has the present. :angel:

if we can have +1% GST rebate for each child, maybe more people will want to have babies? :embrass:

so if have 7 kids, will be no GST :thumbsup:

7 kids ? wah.. u see too much " 10 brothers " show on cable TV ar.... :sweat:

since babies wont b babies tt long y not sponsor items during this transitional period?

items like cots, prams n such could b temparirly loaned out for use w/ a deposit. when items r returned in gd condition thaen get $$ back lo.

can ask CS how 2 grade the condition of d items. here we got brand new, mint, den 10 - 100% unacceptable! :bsmilie:

cham liao ! if this goes on, we will goes back a fishing village in 100 years time.. !

That is why we have a quick fix.
Look at our population magical figures.
Keep increasing and not decreasing.

Your worries are unfounded.

;) :) ;)

like e-z link card. top up and no problem.

Tax rebate for 5 years, thereafter the kid when start working to retire, gotta pay 45 over years of tax.

Very worth leh ;)

Somemore the govn doesn't work in companies like ours.. they were will understand that 40 hr work week is super impossible in SG? Where got time for family? :bsmilie:

纸上谈兵

don't worry, in the ideal situation every thing will go our way. In the elite ideal world, they work 40hrs/week and have big fat bonuses every year. when they work OT, they will be praised and awarded BEST employees and published in newspaper for going the 'extra mile'.

Ok, now to look out for anonymous user's posts that refutes my statements. :bsmilie:

sg is a complex system. As with any complex system there is a Real part and an Imaginary part.. in sg it is abs(Re + Im) = 4million. Im part will keep increasing such that population numbers keep rising

Make it four day work week might help. Maximum one week work 35 hours. No stress = people make more love. :bsmilie:

Somethings goes up(GST/inflation), somethings come down(birth rate/employment rate)..what do u expect? :dunno:

4 things they can give to boost birthrate !

1) cheaper housing for newly weds.
2) cheaper medical cost for childbirth.
3) cheaper education for primary and secondary school.
4) cheaper foodstuff like milk powder, rice and sugar for families with newborn babies.

scrap tat baby bonus.. becos frankly speaking 10k in cash is not enough to bring a kid from baby to primary 1..

Dun worry! If Govt tink no need drastic measures, then it's not that serious anyway. Must trust the govt to take the appropriate measures. :)

Dun worry! If Govt tink no need drastic measures, then it's not that serious anyway. Must trust the govt to take the appropriate measures. :)

Yep, I always trust the government.
Afterall, they are run by elite of the elites.

Looking at how we spend millions or billions on A*STAR biomedical is a good example.
I'm just wondered how come the daughter of our Master Elite is questioning how A*STAR is performing and its roles.

How come she don't have faith in our elite system?

Very StrangLee huh?!

;) :cool: ;)

Yep, I always trust the government.
Afterall, they are run by elite of the elites.

Looking at how we spend millions or billions on A*STAR biomedical is a good example.
I'm just wondered how come the daughter of our Master Elite is questioning how A*STAR is performing and its roles.

How come she don't have faith in our elite system?

Very StrangLee huh?!

;) :cool: ;)

ah yah.. read tat article too.. she is a doctor in TTSH.:sweat:

Hmmm...

Funny that the army complains too many pple, and reduced the NS from 2.5yrs to 2 yrs.

And if i'm not wrong, FTs dun do NS.

sg is a complex system. As with any complex system there is a Real part and an Imaginary part.. in sg it is abs(Re + Im) = 4million. Im part will keep increasing such that population numbers keep rising

When it reaches a certain point, Singapore citizens can finally be on the endangered spicies list.

Status
Not open for further replies.