Singaporen Girls- Hot Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
One online travel mag ranked S'pore in top 10 cities with the hottest girls. Why? Because of her 'sexy' Singlish. Are they for real?
By Elysa Chen

July 21, 2008

WE HAVE one of the world's hottest climates, sure. But do we have the world's hottest girls as well?

Matador Nights, an Internet travel magazine that claims to explore 'the world's best nightlife', has ranked Singapore among the top 10 cities in the world with the hottest girls.

And what makes our girls so hot? The 'sophisticated, endearing, cute, and sexy' Singlish and our 'smouldering' fashion sense.

Really?
The article on Matador Nights has sparked heated debates, attracting over 80 comments.

There were also about 180 comments on Digg.com, many of them disagreeing with the ranking.

One post by Coolmasta89 on Digg.com said that 'singlish sounds like crap', while on Matador Nights, another reader, Taste eveygirl wrote: 'Singapore?!!?! no way dude'.

Yet another post read: 'Singapore english is not formal and cute, it's atrocious and obnoxious. Also, they are not 'one step ahead' of the fashions. Their idea of fashion is to wear all white with red shoes, or to wear a baggy shirt and nasty long shorts.'

Even a post by a supposed Singaporean read: 'Singapore's in? I live there and i think that's a huge mistake'.

While netizens were quick to bash our girls, most expats we spoke to here came quickly to their defence.

In a straw poll of 10 expatriates at Clarke Quay, done last week, eight of them agreed that Singapore deserved its place in the top 10.

CHILLI PADI
Five out of the eight who agreed that Singaporean women were sexy said that our petite frames made us attractive.

One of them, French navy officer Jacques Cartouche, 28, said: 'In France, there is a saying, 'All that is tiny is beautiful'. I think that Singaporean women are svelte, and they are beautiful.'

Another tourist, Mr Pero Kunac, 43, an engineer from Croatia, said: 'Venus is the goddess of love. Singaporean women are like pocket Venuses, miniature goddesses of love.'

SEXY SINGLISH

Many also agreed that we had a 'cute accent'.

Mr Clay Williams, 19, a mechanic from Texas said: 'It's different, and Singlish brings out your personalities.'

Agreeing, Ms Jen Mok, a Singaporean in her 30s, said that our accents made us 'uniquely Singaporean, outstanding and distinctive'.

LAKSA AND SALSA

Another hot favourite amongst expatriates seems to be the rich culture you can find in Singapore.

Mr Mario Kohler, 29, an engineer from Germany, liked the 'mix of cultures and the many different types of women' he could find in Singapore.

Another, African-born Anil Kishnani, liked the mixed-race look that is getting more common in Singapore now. He also liked the fact that communication with women here is not a problem.

'HOT' COUTURE

You would think that a Frenchman would know a girl with a good fashion sense when he sees one, and Mr Cedric Le Merrer, 32, from France, has given Singaporean girls his stamp of approval.

He said: 'French women like fashion, but women here also like fashion. The girls here are pretty, they have an exotic look, they are sexy.'

Agreeing that women here know how to dress to complement their figures, Briton Andy Jones, 36, a software developer added: 'You've heard of Yellow Fever, right? Many aim to travel to Asia because girls here have brilliant skin, you look younger than you really are - a 35 year old woman can look 25 - and you don't put on weight.'
NOT HOT
Mr Steven Adler, 31, an entrepreneur, however, was 'hesitant' to believe the website's claim.

He said: 'I cannot agree that Singapore deserves to be in the top 10. Look at all the beauty pageants. Singapore does not rank anywhere in the top 10.'
A German who wanted to be known only as Mr Andreas said: 'Women here are different from those in other parts of Asia. There's more focus on money and career...'

And our 'smouldering' fashion sense?

Singaporean Andrew Tan was sceptical, but conceded that our hot weather restricted fashion choices.

The account manager said: 'People here have sloppy dressing - just spaghetti straps and jeans when they go clubbing. But in other countries, where they can wear coats and boots, they look very stylish. If you wear boots in Singapore, people will think you are an Ah Lian.'

Are Singaporean party girls hot or not? :think:

i do agree that there are some cute and hot looking local girls here. seriously there are... :bigeyes:

depends on where they go mah. XMMs, OLs, got hot & not hot wan. its not the case of see 1, see all. :sticktong

no point generalising the whole population of females. it'll be soo unfair. :thumbsd:

Are Singaporean party girls hot or not? :think:

i remember reading this article in the mag and thinking the writer is full of ****. and it sounds like he hooked up with spgs. I'll bet he never even visited singapore and is just making it up like how some travel reporters have been exposed to be doing.

I love Singaporean girls. I absolutely love them.that's one reason I came back to Singapore!

i do agree that there are some cute and hot looking local girls here. seriously there are... :bigeyes:

They must be HOT if not they will not be wearing spagetti tube n all!:bsmilie:

aiya, e report (if thatz wad its called?) oni zoomed into specific part of Sg- nitelife that is. maybe they find some of those chin-chai (or slipper brigade?) lifestyle very amusing & hot? :dunno:

why the e nitelife & make an example of females in Sg?...

i remember reading this article in the mag and thinking the writer is full of ****. and it sounds like he hooked up with spgs. I'll bet he never even visited singapore and is just making it up like how some travel reporters have been exposed to be doing.

:think: spgs not = to singapore gals!:sweat:

is it cos when dead drunk even 50yr ol' male with unkept beard looks hot? :bsmilie:

hot!!!!! Hot-temper ;p

LOLOLOL!!!
hot temper..
Aye..i guess it depends.
girls in singapore give out different kinda vibe..though i have to agree that a lot gives out the very tacky vibe. :X
no offence but well..ya..you guys should get what i mean eh.
singapore's so open that it's quite difficult to judge what's hot and what's not.:dunno:

99.9% never hot. The balance 0.1% (Trophy wives)...don't have the mola to afford them or a good enough cabinet to put them in for display. Women here in general sad to say don't know how to dress well. Dressing contributes just as much to the whole package of "HOTness" It is very much a mind thing as it is a physical thing too. The same can be said of men too heheheh...so they deserve each other.:devil:

hahaha!!!
agreed.singaporean's sense of fashion quite cui~
that's why they need to follow trends.those taiwan xmm style or japan pop. -.-

I don't think Singapore girls are as bad as some claim to be. Sure,we don't win many beauty pagents, but than again, there are many ladies here who see no benefit in joining some brainless competition.

Than again, the ladies here are not as hot as the magazine claim them to be. My guess is that most of these men who say aye have been living in places where the women are typically overweight or fat, or have features that are not petite.

As for the english, I think Singlish is a downside, it associates the ladies with a stereotyped image asian girls who work in the sex trade.

true ah.
over at other countries,fat and voluptuous is considered sexy.
over here,stick and skinny is considered as the new hot.

Let's say there are 2 hot girls with 8 not-as-hot girls in a club

It's not inaccurate to say that there are hot girls in the club. So please read all these articles with some context. The context is usually what they don't publish.

Status
Not open for further replies.