Singaporean scuba diver found unconscious but alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOTUSfairy

Oct 10, 2006
Serangoon
Let's pray (though I am free thinker) that the lady diver regains conscious and recover..

me so sad for her and family..

i'm sure she will be fine. may the force be with her

I do hope so she will recover.

I remember that I went for my open sea dive in 2004, i kept it from my family..
i love the dive, but now i worry that my parents worried for me, accidents like this..
actually if we follow the rules and stick to the buddy system, it should be safe one.
its a beautiful world down there.

i'm pretty sure it's safe to do it again. dont let these incident stop you from doing it again.go for it, life's short enjoy it

I was told that Puala Hantu was not suitable for scuba dives...strong current and murky waters...nothing to see too...

I oso remember some time ago a male was fishing at Perth, oso kana drowned right?

I was told that Puala Hantu was not suitable for scuba dives...strong current and murky waters...nothing to see too...

I oso remember some time ago a male was fishing at Perth, oso kana drowned right?

the name Hantu sounds kinda creepy

No, that's not correct. Pulau Hantu is a decent dive site where many wonderful critters can be found like squid, turtles, colorful nudibranch, seahorses, reef fish, etc. Most dive sites have some currents and often bad currents can be avoided. Visability is low at Hantu and marine life is more sparse compared to other sites such as Tioman or Aur but that does not mean it is not suitable for diving. Far from it.

No, that's not correct. Pulau Hantu is a decent dive site where many wonderful critters can be found like squid, turtles, colorful nudibranch, seahorses, reef fish, etc. Most dive sites have some currents and often bad currents can be avoided. Visability is low at Hantu and marine life is more sparse compared to other sites such as Tioman or Aur but that does not mean it is not suitable for diving. Far from it.

hmm..that one i must go "nab" my instructors and ask again....
i think that this is the 2nd accident...2 years plus ago there was another one too.
:cry:

my dive instructor, Jacki, was interviewed after the diving incident

why he neber crack jokes or put on a funny face :dunno:

my dive instructor, Jacki, was interviewed after the diving incident

why he neber crack jokes or put on a funny face :dunno:

I don't see why he should... A life has been lost so I do not see it as the appropriate time to 'crack jokes or put on a funny face'.

Status
Not open for further replies.