Singaporean going to China via HKG - visa needed?

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
Hi friends
I know we do not need a visa for travel to China for < 15 days. But I heard that if you go via HKG, you need one.

Can anyone with such an experience help please?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

hmm never heard my friend needs it when they go HKG -> Shenzhen.

but correct me if i am wrong.

must be some tout trying to provide you a visa service

NO visa required for Singapore passport holders when going into china from HK ..... the only recent time it was needed was a couple of months before, after and during the Beijing Olympics

Last edited:
Thanks friends.
Greetings from Beijing....
Will be sending a team for social work to China in Oct and Nov, this is good news.

Thanks friends.
Will be sending a team for social work to China in Oct and Nov, this is good news.

please clarify above Peter .............

IF you arrive into China eg via Shanghai, Beijing etc etc etc and LATER CROSS via land from China (Shenzhen) into HK...... please make sure you have your HK plane ticket ready (even if its an internet e-ticket) ......... if you do not, be prepared to be held at HK immigration for some time before they let you into HK

BUT if you enter China via HK and go back to HK again from China, nothing should go wrong

Thanks friends.
Is your team going into China using Tourist visa? If not, you better check carefully on the requirement since your team might need a non-tourist visa if they intend to work there.

I have been going into China via HK and don't need visa for less than 15 days. In fact, if I need to extend my stay in Shenzhen due to unfinished business, I'll just make a round trip to the HK immigration and back and extend another 15 days.

I am working in a travel agent...no visa is required :)