Singapore Young Photographer Award (SYPA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodness

Jan 29, 2006
Yishun
Hey ladies and gentleman,

Just for your information on the SYPA organised by City Developments Limited.

The Singapore Young Photographer Award (Main category) and the CDL Young
Architecture Photographer Award (Subcategory) are open to Singapore citizens
and Permanent Residents residing in Singapore, aged between 13 and 25 as
at 2006.

Each applicant is eligible to submit only 1 set of prints, consisting of 6 prints
that must cover at least 4 of the following 8 subject matters:

# Abstract
# Architecture/Buildings
# Children at play
# People at work
# Portrait(s)
# Nature
# Still Life
# Night Scene

The submission deadline is 15 June 2006.

More information can be found at www.sypa.org.sg
Hope this info can be useful and good luck to all :thumbsup:

overage liao.:(

haha, its really a pity that most of u are over aged or not sg citizens or PR.. ..
hopefully when we nuture the young we do not forget the old as well, erm.. i meant matured age group.;)

All the best to the youth who intend to join! Good luck! :thumbsup:

Images that are digitally enhanced or manipulated are allowed as long as the
reality of each image is not distorted. The original negative, slide or digital files (consisting of both the touched up and the original untouched image) of prize winning entries must be submitted for verification upon notification, failing which, the entries will be disqualified.

I dont get this..anyone care to explain?(i may be editing the pics little bit)

Secondly,
The print size for submission must be either 8” by 10” or 8” by 12”
is what size, and where is good to print,I use digital... Please help! And TIA !!

Swatch said:
I dont get this..anyone care to explain?

I dunno but I try to guess. I think cannot distort the reality. Eg, I took photo of a bird. There is some distracting background or not nice things in the foreground. I use software to erase the distracting people in the background, erase ugly branches in the foreground, cut and paste another nice leave into the photo.

am i correct?

Ohh...i get it already..If i win the compeitition,I must submit the original digital file to the ppl for verification... I think just changing the contrast is nothing wrong...Thx..

Swatch said:
Secondly, is what size, and where is good to print,I use digital... Please help! And TIA !!

i think for this competition it is in 8R format [i think]. i still have vouchers that i can use to redeem 9, 8R prints from max photo... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.