Singapore workers unhappiest in the region??

Yes, we in KPT are happy.. office time still got time to browse and post nonsense :bsmilie:

The survey is obviously wrong. Soon we will have another government-sponsored survey that concludes that Singapore workers are the happiest in the world.

bigstock_Happy_Business_People_2706069.jpg

Why take these so seriously? One minute this report says this. Another minute, this report says the exact opposite. The reason why these people can earn earn a living churning out useless papers like these is because people still read their crap.

I don't think I was happy in Australia but I was too busy to think about being unhappy. :bsmilie:

Thanks for sharing your story.

In my first company I was not happy because the managers were incompetent.
In my second company I was not happy because I was underpaid.
Now I have no more complaints because I work for myself. :dunno:

You now have the best job of the world. :bsmilie:

How come no low-paid foreign workers in the photo? :)

They are busy consuming alcohol. Ok here's one but they didn't seem that happy.

Foreign-workers-singapore2.jpg

You now have the best job of the world. :bsmilie:

The manager is still incompetent and I am still underpaid. :bsmilie:

Because (fortunately) we do not have a King of Bhutan imposing a dubious Gross National Happiness and declaring by royal decree, that all people residing in SG are happy. We do no need this kind of escapist crap.

Do you get paid??? :bsmilie:

I don't think I was happy in Australia but I was too busy to think about being unhappy. :bsmilie:

Hmm you somehow remind me of my aunt. Works in a bank from Monday to Friday (usually only comes back at night). On Saturday and Sunday, she works at the old-folks home to earn extra living. I always wonder why she needed that 2nd work when she has no commitment (not married and no kids) and holds a pretty high position in that bank branch. I don't remember its a culture to work 7 days and I only hear that instead of being praised for working the extra hours at night or weekend, you instead get called up by the boss to question on why you needed to work so much (i.e., is it your inefficiency?)

Probably its the Asian culture and mentality that we have to work till death?

Last edited:
Because (fortunately) we do not have a King of Bhutan imposing a dubious Gross National Happiness and declaring by royal decree, that all people residing in SG are happy. We do no need this kind of escapist crap.

"One man's unhappiness is another man's happiness."
- Laozi.

The manager is still incompetent and I am still underpaid. :bsmilie:

Still good enough. At times, I think its better than to get paid but having to fight your way around thousand of incompetent, shoe polishers and all other craps at the work place. I have to answer to the boss, to the customer and to my colleagues and when you finally get home, you have a new boss to answer to!! :) haahaah.

"One man's unhappiness is another man's happiness."
- Laozi.

I am happy that you are unhappy!!!! HA!! Kidding. :bsmilie:

No , not true ! I am a happy worker in Singapore !

The happiest worker in the world is the one that get paid for not working :bsmilie:

Unfortunately, most of the SG worker doesn't satisfy this criteria :bsmilie:

But SG workers should cheer up because after paying higher MRT fares, they may get the chances to walk in the MRT "tunnel of love" more frequently :bsmilie: