Singapore wants older workers to continue working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost77

May 7, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
When you reach 67 years old and someone ask you what do you anjoy in your golden age. Do you answer: "I enjoy working".
Well, I personal think that we have been working since we came out from school and from the army. Should you be working at your golden age? Do you think that there is no other things better to do rather than work at your golden age?

unless the person is not working , but rather engage in the act of pursuing his dream.

the reality is retirement here is expensive. so, look elsewhere.

When you reach 67 years old and someone ask you what do you anjoy in your golden age. Do you answer: "I enjoy working".
Well, I personal think that we have been working since we came out from school and from the army. Should you be working at your golden age? Do you think that there is no other things better to do rather than work at your golden age?

If MM is still working at 80+.... do you dare to retire????

SG too expensive..... CPF also harder to withdraw....

So how long you intend to work? 67 years old or maybe as old as 80 years old by getting high pay or S$2/= per hour? Life sucks unless you enjoy working all the time.
See now in the hawer center, those old folks clearing the plate...do you think they enjoy. :confused:

You can kiss your retirement goodbye in SG...

But food for thoughts...

What will you do when you retire anyway?

If I am getting that kind of pay every month and have a huge pay increased recently...I don't mind. I still get the chance to fly around and visit other country PM too. Of cos, I admit the MM has done a very good job in his whole life for Singapore.
If you are 80+ and you are still clearing the table in the hawker center with maybe S$500/= per month pay?
:)

If MM is still working at 80+.... do you dare to retire????

SG too expensive..... CPF also harder to withdraw....

So how long you intend to work? 67 years old or maybe as old as 80 years old by getting high pay or S$2/= per hour? Life sucks unless you enjoy working all the time.
See now in the hawer center, those old folks clearing the plate...do you think they enjoy. :confused:

No, its no fun at all. One could wish that they could have children to help look after their needs and live out their old age in dignity. Alternatively they can go on welfare and draw from the income tax of the younger workers, which isn't much fun either. No easy choices, but all still better than going destitute.

I am prepared to work till I perish, and that is a personal choice, hopefully eventually not driven by necessity.

gee! if only i know. honestly, i dare not think about it.

How much do you think is enough for the retirement? No expensive taste and just a simple life.:)

One could be retrenched long before the old (55-yrs) retirement age.

the reality is retirement here is expensive. so, look elsewhere.

CPF allows full withdrawal if migrate to other country.

I guess we have to look at Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia etc

Many young beauties there don't mind looking after a wealthy old man. :lovegrin:

In fact, so am I. Few years back, we thought S$100,000 in cash plus the CPF for the retirement you have is enough. Now, I doubt it too. Things are getting more and more expensive. It never ends.
Moreover, Singaporean are rich in the asset but very very poor in cash. Hope I am wrong. :confused:

gee! if only i know. honestly, i dare not think about it.

Continue working? Hmm.... I don't really mind.

It sure beats waking up, shuffle my feet to the void deck stare at the sky from 0800H - 1700H, go home eat dinner, sleep and repeat this routine until I croak.

Many young beauties there don't mind looking after a wealthy old man???
That's what happened to all the old men here now. Some of them are cheated by the young beauties.:confused:

CPF allows full withdrawal if migrate to other country.

I guess we have to look at Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia etc

Many young beauties there don't mind looking after a wealthy old man. :lovegrin:

Any other better option beside work?:)

Continue working? Hmm.... I don't really mind.

It sure beats waking up, shuffle my feet to the void deck stare at the sky from 0800H - 1700H, go home eat dinner, sleep and repeat this routine until I croak.

In fact, so am I. Few years back, we thought S$100,000 in cash plus the CPF for the retirement you have is enough. Now, I doubt it too. Things are getting more and more expensive. It never ends.
Moreover, Singaporean are rich in the asset but very very poor in cash. Hope I am wrong. :confused:
U are not wrong.

Young couples when they get married what they do?
1) Buy flat (based on current market estimate - 1/4mil)
2) Buy car (based on an average car price - $50K)

Now u tell me if we are all asset rich, cash poor? Its time to break out of this mentality I guess.

Stay? Can stay with parents.
Buy car? Forget it, juz take public transport. Hell, even taking cab everyday to-&-from work is cheaper than buying a car by abt $200.

Any other better option beside work?:)
Grow vegetables? Its also a form of work.

Seriously, I'm not sure what other alternatives there is besides work to keep ur brain working. I'll become senile if I were to stop working I feel. Just 2wks of ICT last time is enuff to turn me into a brain-dead zombie for a month after my ICT.

When do they learn the lesson?

U are not wrong.

Young couples when they get married what they do?
1) Buy flat (based on current market estimate - 1/4mil)
2) Buy car (based on an average car price - $50K)

Now u tell me if we are all asset rich, cash poor? Its time to break out of this mentality I guess.

Stay? Can stay with parents.
Buy car? Forget it, juz take public transport. Hell, even taking cab everyday to-&-from work is cheaper than buying a car by abt $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.