Singapore tourists injured after bus flipped over in Perth

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
Singapore tourists injured after bus flipped over in Perth
By Alvina Soh | Posted: 24 July 2011 2057 hrs

SINGAPORE: Seven people were seriously injured when a bus carrying mostly Singaporean tourists overturned in Western Australia on Sunday.

Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it will provide all necessary assistance to the affected Singaporeans.

Witnesses said the bus was rolling down the sand dune backwards when it flipped over.

Local media said most of the 35 people on board were injured.

Emergency services were reported to be holding training exercises nearby, and were able to respond quickly.

Several passengers were also unconscious when rescuers arrived, and the most seriously injured were airlifted by helicopter to hospital.

MFA said its officers are currently in Perth to attend to the affected Singaporeans.

The Singapore High Commission in Canberra is also in touch with medical authorities in Western Australia attending to the victims.

Singaporeans requiring assistance can contact the Duty Officer of the Singapore High Commission in Canberra at (61) 422-372-633 or (61) 414-733-944.

They can also contact the MFA Duty Office (24 hours).

Tel: 6379 8800, 6379 8855
Fax: 6476 7302
Email: mfa_duty_officer@mfa.gov.sg

- CNA /ls

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1142772/1/.html

The injured passengers claimed that they have some items missing after being rescued. I believe, the 'rescuers' were helping themselves to the 'goodies' belonging to these passengers.

Some said could be buried under the soft fine sand. It should not matter too much, most impt is safety. Heard 2 ppl kena spine injury and could be wheelchair bound. Hope that modern medicine can prevent that from happening.

Not exactly your standard coach. Those tourists probably have to sign a indemnity form beforehand.

sandboarding1.jpg

478750lancelinbuscrash.jpg

The injured passengers claimed that they have some items missing after being rescued. I believe, the 'rescuers' were helping themselves to the 'goodies' belonging to these passengers.

You believe the best of people ;) I think my M9P and Noctilux fell out too.

Last edited:
that will be the last thing on those rescuer mind and it is Australia.

i wouldn't say the ifit happens at China..

that will be the last thing on those rescuer mind and it is Australia.

i wouldn't say the ifit happens at China..

The lady with the broken neck/spine is the sister of my fiancee's colleague. Seriously devastating news for the family as both the husband and wife were in the accident. My Fiancee's colleague flew up to Australia and no updates from her yet. DO pray for them as the family has 2 young daughters waiting for their parents to come home.

oh .. so sad.. pray for them..

Prayers out to the families.I do believe that the personal stuffs of the victims were engulfed by the fine sand.

The lady with the broken neck/spine is the sister of my fiancee's colleague. Seriously devastating news for the family as both the husband and wife were in the accident. My Fiancee's colleague flew up to Australia and no updates from her yet. DO pray for them as the family has 2 young daughters waiting for their parents to come home.

I think they would have flown down to Australia instead of up.
I hope they will be ok.

I think they would have flown down to Australia instead of up.
I hope they will be ok.

Yes, technically down but they had to up in the sky first..heh heh...

Good news, my fiancee's colleague and her sister arrived back in SG today on separate flights. The sister is still in very bad shape but her condition is stable. SHe is currently in ICU. Her neck was too swollen for the doctors to operate on in Australia, hence they flew her back to SG. The husband escaped with minor injuries.