singapore to malaysia via bus or train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umayr

Oct 7, 2005
Hi,

i would be visiting Singapore on new years and staying for almost another 10 days. I was wondering if i should visit Malaysia overland via bus or train?

2ndly as i am from Pakistan and do have an on entry visa for Malaysia, i have heard that the terminal for that sorta thing is different and you cant really take a direct train or bus ride, since they send u somewhere to get the visa first. I am not so sure about that.. any one who can help?

And whats the best things to see and do on new years in Singapore? :)

thanks..

U have to be more specific. Which part of Malaysia? Kuala Lumpur? The train from SG-KL will take around 7-8 hours on the so-called Express train. It's usually longer as the trains do not run on schedule. The overnight train is even slower, around 10 hours.

A good executive coach will take you from SG-KL in about 5 hours. But u pay a bit more for luxury.

Hi,

i would be visiting Singapore on new years and staying for almost another 10 days. I was wondering if i should visit Malaysia overland via bus or train?

2ndly as i am from Pakistan and do have an on entry visa for Malaysia, i have heard that the terminal for that sorta thing is different and you cant really take a direct train or bus ride, since they send u somewhere to get the visa first. I am not so sure about that.. any one who can help?

And whats the best things to see and do on new years in Singapore? :)

thanks..

U have to be more specific. Which part of Malaysia? Kuala Lumpur? The train from SG-KL will take around 7-8 hours on the so-called Express train. It's usually longer as the trains do not run on schedule. The overnight train is even slower, around 10 hours.

A good executive coach will take you from SG-KL in about 5 hours. But u pay a bit more for luxury.

YES KL :)

what about the new year celebrations :p

Won't it be easier to get the VISA all done whilst you in KL? the Singapore Embassy is not too far from KLCC, IIRC because it was quite sometime ago since I've been to the Singapore Embassy in KL, if it remains at the same place then it is just 3mins drive from KLCC.

Take the Executive Coach best in my opinion, if you do decide to fly from KLIA, it is 45mins from KL to KLIA and then add 1.5hours flight time. Whereas overland on Executive Coach would probably take you about 4.5hours total.

So in terms of time savings? maybe no savings at all because you will have to check-in at the airport 2 hours earlier. Might as well save the money and take the bus.

../azul123

If i'm not mistaken.... U did post d same question at PHOTOMALAYSIA rite :think: ??? Hehehe ;) ,by air is d bestlah BRO:thumbsup:

If i'm not mistaken.... U did post d same question at PHOTOMALAYSIA rite :think: ??? Hehehe ;) ,by air is d bestlah BRO:thumbsup:

cut paste :p

Dunno about on-arrival visas, cos most foreigners I know got their visas before they enter there. Anyway, from what you describe, you will come to Singapore first, right? Once you are here, make a phone call to the Malaysian High Commision in Singapore to ask about the exact procedure for your on-arrival visa. Best to be sure about the procedure before you actually go there otherwise they might give you the runaround and ask you to walk from JB to KL to get the visa.

On second read, I got it wrong... so you are visiting Singapore first and thinking of going to Malaysia. My mistake.

Which part of Pakistan are you from? I hear their mangoes are heavenly... especially those from Lahore.

../azul123

azul is right.

Take the luxury coach.
Nowadays in Sing the luxury coaches are so good.
There are 16 or 18 seater coaches. That means a lot of space to stretch.
You travel at night and wake up next morning in KL. 4½ hours later.
The coaches travel at 140KMH very fast. I know.
I sat behind the driver once and at 3am looked at his speedometer.
The coach was gliding smoothly.
Spare yourself the horrific hassle of KLIA - taxi transfer to KL city.
Give me the old Subang airport anytime. Well, so much for meaningless counter-productive mega projects.
And you have not even counted the 3 hour before flight check-in.
And what if your luggage is lost in KLIA.
And what if your flight is delayed.
The coach glides into the heart of KL city itself and your hotel is maybe a short distance away.

Finally it is very much cheaper than a flight to KL.
Your 45 minute taxi ride from KLIA to KL city might cost a lot too.
Don't you think it is ridiculous that your flight to KL takes maybe 1 hour and your taxi ride from the KLIA to KL city takes almost the whole duration of your flight.

Yep, would recommend the bus. Takes only a little longer as the flight (if you include waiting time/boarding at airport, transfer from KLIA to KL city) The taxi fare from KLIA to the KL is almost as much as the one way bus trip from Singapore to KL on a luxury coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.