Singapore Team in Tiger Cup'04


Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlou

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
316
0
0
32
SG
#1
frankly speaking, i've never really supported the local football that much until recently when i tuned in for the tiger cup on channel 5...

i must say that team SG was superb. IMO, they did really well in this tiger cup and have made it to the finals with either indonesia/malaysia.... ( i do have a feeling its gonna be a malaysia & sg game again.... :bsmilie: )

one think i must comment on sg's game with myanmar in the semi-finals.

the myanmar team has really overdone it. really really rough team of soccer players. in the first leg, already they displayed poor sportsmen ship by grabbing a sg player's shirt from behind after he has fallen onto the ground just to pull him away from the ball so that he can get the ball himself.

in the just ended not soo long ago 2nd leg, these guys really performed very lousely in sportsmenship. very rough people. although not doing very well, sg managed to turn the tide when they began the 1 men advantage to a 2 men advantage with 3-0 in extra time...

pushed and grabbed the opposing team players. kicked mud into the match officials. reserved goalie threw bottle into singaporean players face from their bench when mani was just trying to prevent a fight between another sg player with a myanmar player.... and the last part - when one of the myanmar fellow kenna elbowed by a sgrean in the BACK, COVERED HIS FACE AND FELL ONTO THE GROUND.... acting at its BEST im telling u....

wad do u people think? :think:
 

jonlou

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
316
0
0
32
SG
#3
yeah man... "free for all".....
 

sfhuang

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
914
0
0
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
#4
Singapore got lucky because Myanmar was red-carded twice! And Indra's PK miss is unacceptable by any standards!

* and just to add, like it or not drama is part of pro soccer. Otherwise there will be no such term as 'kelong'. :cool:
 

Dec 4, 2004
56
0
0
#5
but the worst thing was that the pitch was in such horrendous condition!!!
 

eel

Senior Member
Aug 14, 2003
1,182
0
36
Thomson
Visit site
#6
The game was a farce. The Myanmar players did themselves no favours with their lack of self-control. Even the coach should be ashamed of himself for protesting the ref's decisions to try to get the S'pore player (Shahril?) sent off when it was obvious that his player was play acting. At the same time, our players were just not smart enough to handle the situation. Being 2-3 goals ahead and playing against 8 men, there is no need to go charging about and expending more energy when you know the result is in the bag. Just keep heads cool and ride out the last few minutes playing possession soccer while making use of the space can already. Actually, In the first place, were it not for the sending off of the Myanmar striker, I don't think we could have won because we kept pumping high balls on a wet surface when we were trying to catch up. Tactically, this is just so naive. Were it not for the sending off, we would probably have lost. Overall, this is not a game eithher team could have been proud to play in.
 

sfhuang

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
914
0
0
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
#7
eel said:
Actually, In the first place, were it not for the sending off of the Myanmar striker, I don't think we could have won because we kept pumping high balls on a wet surface when we were trying to catch up. Tactically, this is just so naive. Were it not for the sending off, we would probably have lost. Overall, this is not a game eithher team could have been proud to play in.
We share the same thoughts. Singapore team improving? Not to me they are not.
 

Dec 4, 2004
56
0
0
#8
but i'm sure the spectators enjoyed themselves, at least towards the end of the game.

i, for one, sure did.
 

John Tan

Senior Member
Aug 28, 2004
5,711
0
0
AMK
#9
sfhuang said:
Singapore got lucky because Myanmar was red-carded twice! And Indra's PK miss is unacceptable by any standards!

* and just to add, like it or not drama is part of pro soccer. Otherwise there will be no such term as 'kelong'. :cool:

Agree that Singapore soccer play kelong...who know... :confused:
 

jonlou

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
316
0
0
32
SG
#10
aiya... kelong is kelong lar....

kelong or not, nobody is to be blamed except for themselves for the myanmar player's case... harlow, this one not home ground leh, want to kick then just kick the mud into the linesmen and ref face ah? no self-discipline.... be it whether they won becos of the 2 red cards or not, lets just cheer for our own team lar... ;p
 

sfhuang

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
914
0
0
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
#11
hmm let me ask then, if myanmar kenah 3 red cards and singapore auto win the match, will we still be proud to win it? I won't for sure. :sweat:
 

sfhuang

New Member
Jan 21, 2002
914
0
0
sfhuang.clubsnap.org
#12
anyway i hear that the final will be played at kallang? They better do something to the pitch. sibeh boh standard, like pig farm like that. :confused:
 

Jimmy Liew

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
169
0
0
44
cynics.info
#13
team SG was superb. IMO, they did really well in this tiger cup and have made it to the finals
eh...wonder whether i was watching the same competition and same matches. i am surprised to find them in this position. there is only one tactic in Team SG - pump high ball, hope and pray.

yes the match was given to SG with myanmar's immaturity at the crux ... coz they totally outplayed SG when it was 11 against 11.

there is no pride in the way SG got into the finals. but well, like it or not, they are in the finals. maybe this time, someone else's shoulder will win the cup again this year.
 

plinius

New Member
May 22, 2003
669
0
0
44
Singapore
Visit site
#14
that is the 'beauty' of the game, you dun have to be the better team on the pitch to win the game...........

Cheers...........


Jimmy Liew said:
eh...wonder whether i was watching the same competition and same matches. i am surprised to find them in this position. there is only one tactic in Team SG - pump high ball, hope and pray.

yes the match was given to SG with myanmar's immaturity at the crux ... coz they totally outplayed SG when it was 11 against 11.

there is no pride in the way SG got into the finals. but well, like it or not, they are in the finals. maybe this time, someone else's shoulder will win the cup again this year.
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#15
sfhuang said:
anyway i hear that the final will be played at kallang? They better do something to the pitch. sibeh boh standard, like pig farm like that. :confused:
considering that the weather isn't doing any good to the pitch... it's almost been raining all the way for the past few days.
 

Dec 4, 2004
56
0
0
#16
sfhuang said:
hmm let me ask then, if myanmar kenah 3 red cards and singapore auto win the match, will we still be proud to win it? I won't for sure. :sweat:
you mean 3 red cards, we win the match?
how come?
 

GDSNP

New Member
Dec 17, 2003
513
0
0
39
Australia
www.flickr.com
#17
sfhuang said:
hmm let me ask then, if myanmar kenah 3 red cards and singapore auto win the match, will we still be proud to win it? I won't for sure. :sweat:
Fyi, Myanmar really got 3 players sent off. They were playing with only 8 men on the pitch.

C'mon.. give some credits to the Lions. Although their performance tonite wasn't all that fantastic, I would say that it was a good performance considering the condition of the pitch..

As for those who simply only support EPL and write off local soccer, I suggest that u go and watch the Lions play. I was there and I could see that they are playing their hearts out, chasing every ball.. Its the commitment that matters, isn't it? For those who only support winning the side, I have this to say. We don't need fair weather fans here.
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,468
3
38
36
#18
Myanmar could have a chance to fight back or endure till penatlies if the player didn't kill mud and got himself sent off. :bigeyes: 9 man could defend till extra time. But.... reckless and hot headed player cause them the game. :devil:
Never mind Singapore in the finals. :thumbsup:
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,468
3
38
36
#19
ibitemynails said:
but i'm sure the spectators enjoyed themselves, at least towards the end of the game.

i, for one, sure did.
Me2. I enjoy the "off the field" incident more then the game. The pitch was bad. Both sides didn't have a great game due to the muddy pitch. :bigeyes:
 

Venom81

Senior Member
Nov 16, 2004
10,468
3
38
36
#20
jonlou said:
pushed and grabbed the opposing team players. kicked mud into the match officials. reserved goalie threw bottle into singaporean players face from their bench when mani was just trying to prevent a fight between another sg player with a myanmar player.... and the last part - when one of the myanmar fellow kenna elbowed by a sgrean in the BACK, COVERED HIS FACE AND FELL ONTO THE GROUND.... acting at its BEST im telling u....

wad do u people think? :think:
The mud kicking was funny. Still kicked in front of the referee. :bsmilie:
The reserved goalie should get a marksman for the bottle thrown. So accurate, hit the head. Headshot. :bsmilie:
Best actor goes to the player who was elbowed no where near the face, he still can cover face and slowly lie on the ground. :thumbsup:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom