- Active X Contest ( Cheerleading)
- Street Rave Slam Contest ( Dance)
- Street Phuture Mix Contest (DJ)
- "Get A Life " Best Street Designer Contest
- " Get A Life "Best Street Styled Contest
- Street Mural Painting Contest
- Street Graffiti Contest
- Street Character Design Illustration Contest
- Inline Skaters Challenge
More information: http://www.singaporestreetfestival.com/
Giving self-expression to youth. It is powerful language with which the young can define their passion and identify the like-minded, their gangs or peers.
For example, Japanese pop street culture - the Harajuku kids.
The street context is important, otherwise the look risks loosing its vitality and authenticity -
The do-it-yourself approach is another distinctive trait of street culture: contemporary mainstream clothing or secondhand garments are altered, decorated, and customized with 'tribal' insignia. It is a style that also defies gravity: it moves up the generations - daughters to mothers, sons to fathers and amateurs to professionals.
An important recognition here - it is far from adequate to simply target one message to one ethnic group. There are now cultural melting pots within melting pots, and they are spilling into the overall market.
Messages to yourh should be different than those aimed at their parents. Likewise, a one-size fits all messaged does not cut it. There is tons of territory; a ton of pride that is individual to different countries.
- To Cultivate and nurture a healthy Street culture attitude here in Singapore.
- To take lead and create a unique multicultural street hub in the region and internationally.
- To provide a platform for our creative teens and youth in street performances and a chance to expose their inspiring creation to the outside world other than in their classroom or in their visual rehearsal venues.
- To creat an awareness of a cohension union of multicultural aspect, with ' One Vision with One Voice' collaboration between the different government, public and private bodies representation eg. NAC, NYC, ORBA,STB and the general public, students, professionals and others.