Singapore Street Festival (31/5-15/6) - Search for Photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger

Jul 17, 2002
Singapore
simone.clubsnap.org
Dear CS Members,

We are currently looking for members who are keen in shooting for the above event as official and back-up photographers.
In total, we need a team of about 1-2 dozen photographers with relevant experience in such occassions. This is an official event and seek committment from all who sign up and close communication amongst us to make this a successful one and that CS can make a better name in the local photography community.

Interested parties, kindly post in the Members' Portfolio.
Kindly advise me through e-mail simonelynn@yahoo.com/PM on your availability during that period and 1-2 weeks before the event dates for sessions such briefing and pre-site inspection or others.

As the turnover time is short, preference would be given to digital users. Film users are also welcomed.

At current, the general agreement with the organisers are as follows, it is yet to be further finalised :
1. Photographers hold their rights
2. Organisers are mainly using our pictures
3. CS should be able to sell their photos to interested buyer(s).
4. Official/back-up CS Photographers ought to be able to join in the Street Festival Photography Contest & Street Photography Exhibition - Displaying the best works of Singapore's,. as stated below.
5. There is no labour fee/salary for members involved.

Darren and Simon, please add/edit where necessary, thank you.

Following is a quote copied from one of Simon's post on an earlier occassion.

Originally posted by Simon
In Conjunction with Street Festival, ClubSNAP will be working with the Organiser of Singapore Street Festival 2003 to organise:

1. Street Festival Photography Contest - show us your personal and candid view of everyday life in Singapore.
  2. Street Photography Exhibition - Displaying the best works of Singapore's new and upcoming street photographers.
    [/list=1]
    More Information will be updated soon.

* For those who are intersted in featuring thier work at the coming Street Photography Exhibition, please post your sample portfolio in Member's Portfolios

* Street Photography Exhibition will be held around Orchard area, location yet to confirm.

* The Organiser of Singapore Street Festival 2003 will be selecting the best work to be display during the exhibition.

1. Thank you and best regards,
    Dagger

I am interested.

How do I sign up?

Dagger, could you please let us know what kind of commitment does the organisers of the event has in regards to the fetival?

Originally posted by agape01
I am interested.

How do I sign up?

Dagger, could you please let us know what kind of commitment does the organisers of the event has in regards to the fetival?

Kindly double check the 1st post again. Thank you.

upz

Dagger, is it a full day thingie? I've no experience whatsoever, and would just like to tag along for just some shoots and learn from you folks.

Full day as in like 8-5 routine or after work hours? Thanks :)

I also have no external flash so I can't really be of help, just want to learn and practice

i got no portfolio yet, no experience, and have yet to figure out how to fully manipulate my camera, but can i join ? :embrass:

Originally posted by rncw
i got no portfolio yet, no experience, and have yet to figure out how to fully manipulate my camera, but can i join ? :embrass:

Same here no portfolio and no experience but i would like to join and can my Dimage 5 (3.3MP) join in? If yes, pls PM or tell me ASAP as I need to arrange leave with my current part-time job.

Thank you very much.

For those who are keen, please post in the members portfolio forum. We can discuss over this at SEED this evening or chat over the phone, etc. HP:98385414

Hi Dagger, I'm interested to participate. Are there vacancies left?

I do not have a portfolio yet. (Compiling this July) Am I still eligible?

However, I am a freelance photographer doing shoots like events, functions, weddings, makeover, concerts, etc.

Please let me know if I'm chosen. Thanks.

Dear All,

The list of photographers have not been fully finalised as I will reconfirm with all before the event.

As for those who are keen to help out, you are more than welcomed. Please follow the instructions above and giving us a bit of your background experience in covering your past events would be an added advantage. Please also indicate if your are a digital or film user. A quick run up of your general equipment would also be helpful.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Dagger

Originally posted by sehsuan
Dagger, i've really gotta learn from you, how to do the organizing for an event. :thumbsup:
There isn't much to learn, it's more of communication than anything else. I am sure that you will get the hang of it soon once you do a few more. ;)

Originally posted by Dagger
There isn't much to learn, it's more of communication than anything else. I am sure that you will get the hang of it soon once you do a few more. ;)

There are some actually. Such as interpersonal and communication skills etc.

However, this thread is to search for photographers, let's get back to topic. Non related and attention seeking topics should be ignored.

Dagger, upz for you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.