Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
streetFez2.jpg

Heads up!!

ClubSNAP is once again proud to be associated with the Singapore Street Festival and we will be posting details on activities that ClubSNAPpers can participate in (from a photographic point of view) during the course of the next few weeks.

In the meantime, here are some dates for you all to check off in the calendar :-

Singapore Street Festival 2005
May 28th to June 12th, 2005
Weekday (Mon-Fri) programmes from 6:30pm to 10:00pm
Weekend (Sat-Sun) programmes from 3:00pm to 10:00pm

Singapore Street Festival Site
Singapore Street Festival Gallery (2003/2004)

We will be looking for interested photographers to help out in event photography during the Street Festival, and we will be posting details out as soon as they are available. Subscribe to this thread or bookmark it if you are interested.

Good opportunity for newbies...

I m interested :D

Count me in!!! :D
:devil:

I am participating :D

I'm willing to participate as photographer too

Good news to all those that are interested to participate in the Street Festival as official Event Photographers.

Click on this link to sign up as an Event Photographer for Singapore Street Festival 2005 (Link removed as we have enough photographers for now).

Things to note:-

1) We will need a minimum of 6 photographers per timeslot as there will be multiple locations to cover.
2) Please indicate your available timeslots by selecting the appropriate checkboxes for each of the days.
3) We will roster the photographers according to the timeslots indicated but in instances where there are too many photographers, we will try to allocate appropriately.
4) Photographers are required to upload their photos (low-res, selected ones, not all) to the Street Festival Gallery, sorted by day (username/password will be provided).
5) Photographers are to submit a CD containing high-res versions of the files (in JPEG format) to us (actual process yet to be determined).

Things yet to be finalised:-
1) Official badges
2) Daily Meal vouchers (one per photographer per day)
3) Providing blank CDs for submission of high-res JPEGs.

Timeframe is quite short so please sign up at the site to indicate your available timeslots so that we can start the rostering.

Click on this link to sign up as an Event Photographer for Singapore Street Festival 2005 (Link removed as we have enough photographers for now).

Hi Darren.... I am interested but whats is it in it for the photographers? As i recall, For Street Festival, most people can shoot all they want to....

So are CS only providing the free labour?

nemesis32 said:
Hi Darren.... I am interested but whats is it in it for the photographers? As i recall, For Street Festival, most people can shoot all they want to....

Good point.

nemesis32 said:

A very valid point and in the interests of transparency and full disclosure, here are some considerations that members need to know before committing to this project (quoted from the SSF2005 site) :-

What is Singapore Street Festival?
Singapore Street Festival is a community project, creating platform for local talents in performing arts, visual art forms, lifestyle trends and entrepreneurship.

Vision of Singapore Street Festival
To make Singapore Street Festival to be an International Festival like Edinburgh or Melbourne Festival featuring local talents to the international performing, visual, sports and entrepreneurship markets.

Mission of Singapore Street Festival
To achieve acknowledgement of this strength of passionate energy from our local talents, to be resilience of being acceptable and be recognized not only locally but also internationally, in order to be able to take performance of whatever medium each is in, to a higher level of fulfillment in achievement.

Goals of Singapore Street Festival
To be able to provide a venue for both local and foreign talents in collaboration and exchange works. In time to come, in hope to be able to provide an art house aka 'Fame' for our local talents who are passionate in believing in themselves and their own works.

How is Singapore Street Festival set up?
Singapore Street Festival is a non profit organization, catered to community. It is run by Annie Pek and volunteers during the festival and supported by various statutory boards in small ways. Singapore Street Festival is self funding therefore the need of registration fees and is not supported financially from any government ministries.

The last paragraph is the most pertinent as it answers the question why we are participating this year (as well as in the past). As part of the larger community, we are able to provide photography services to the Street Festival as a contribution to the success of the Street Festival - no more, and no less.

Now to answer the question as to what a member member obtain by participating in this project -
  1. Gain experience in Event Photography - even though its a community project run by volunteers, the events are professionally run and managed and one can get a very good feel of how public events are organised.
  2. Get acknowledgement and recognition of your skills and contribution - the Street Festival Gallery is visited and viewed by many artistes who participate and also the public, thus your images will be similiarly exposed to a very large audience. We will also work with the Street Festival organiser to come up with a page acknowledging the works of the photographers who participated.
Those are the two intangibles that come straight to mind. We are working on some tangible benefits (or perhaps a better word is compensation to offset some of the inconveniences) like meal vouchers, providing CDs for submitting images, and producing the badges for the photographers.

The last tangible benefit (which we are still working on) is the sales of images taken during the Street Festival. In the past, there have been enquiries of purchases of the images taken, and we have channelled those to the Street Festival organiser. This year, we may take those enquiries and channel them to the person who shot the images and provide an avenue for the photographer to get some revenue. However, this is still under discussion and we are trying to work out a process that will make this easy to manage.

At the end of the day, all images taken by members are copyrighted and owned by the members. However, the Street Festival organiser has requested permission to use the images for promotion and marketing activities of future Street Festivals.

I hope that this answers most of the questions surrounding the "Why?" we are participating in the Street Festival project. Members contribute their time and skills to this project and ClubSNAP contributes in terms of organisation and will also fund the associated costs (meal vouchers, CDs, badges, etc) unless some kind sponsor steps up and helps us defray some of the organisation costs.

For members who are interested to help out, please sign up at the link provided below (no need to put your name on this thread).

Thanks again to Darren for the clarification and transparency!

I will definitely support the event. Cheers!

btw, not out to disturb the thread or anything, just for clarification purposes. :p

nemesis32 said:
Thanks again to Darren for the clarification and transparency!

I will definitely support the event. Cheers!

btw, not out to disturb the thread or anything, just for clarification purposes. :p
Thank you for your support.

For those that are interested, please sign up as soon as possible so that we can get first-cut roster done for next weekend (YES! Its that soon!!).

Right now, we have 15 members signed up.

har... 15 members.. i dun haf again ??

glennyong said:
har... 15 members.. i dun haf again ??

Did you sign up? After you sign up, there will be a password send to you so that you can change your schedule if needed.

Cheers
John

John Teoh said:
Did you sign up? After you sign up, there will be a password send to you so that you can change your schedule if needed.

Cheers
John

yeah.. registered, and received the password... hw come darren gt onli 15 members.. no update ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.