Singapore Skyline

jomonkl

Sep 11, 2010
Singapore

I want to know if the framing is good for this pic. i wanted to show the beautiful skyline of singapore. does it look attractive for a foreigner who see this pic?
Please tell me if i have done anything wrong in it.
i increased the colour depth using the coloour grid in the camera. Then i added bit contrast.

Last edited:

wxzhuo

Oct 31, 2010
Singapore
xlightphotography.com
My personal take - The absence of details of clouds and water in the night makes this look rather... barren. Not really an interesting photo.
My 2 cents worth - Try making a "pseudo panorama" out of this... crop out the "emptiness" at the top and part of the bottom.

shawn207

Feb 18, 2009
Central
i think sharpness and colours are there. perhaps just crop out a little of the top and the bottom then i think it'll be ok!

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
actually.. it doesn't really stand out. the colors are quite dull. are you going for the film look?

you might also want to take note of why there's an empty space to the left of the picture.

i think you put the horizon in the middle to balance the image out (reflections vs the buildings) but you left out a huge black area. like wxzhuo pointed out, there's nothing in the sky to warrant such a vast emptiness.

in this case, the horizon can be placed at the upper 1/3 of the frame. anyways, exposure's pretty good.

jomonkl

Sep 11, 2010
Singapore
Hi All,
Thank you very much.. Ok.. noted about the blank space.. :)
I will crop out the blank space..

Top Bottom