Singapore settles for silver..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
ARGH...

i feel wang yue gu has been a let down all along..anyway congrats on singapore nevertheless! :thumbsup:

Super let down, donno how she can rank higher than FTW. She contributed 80% of the misses in the doubles match.

ARGH...

i feel wang yue gu has been a let down all along..anyway congrats on singapore nevertheless! :thumbsup:

Miserable performance by Singapore against famed China players..

must buckle up le..but nevertheless a silver is good alr

Super let down, donno how she can rank higher than FTW. She contributed 80% of the misses in the doubles match.

It should be FTW couldn't climb fast enough for this Olympic in terms of ranking she sure to over take Wang in no time maybe by year end!:thumbsup:

Probably, I don't really follow the ITT rankings and just checked it out cos of the match tonight. Wang missed almost every ball she was presented with.

In fact, I noticed some gesturing by CN team under the table (strategising gesturs) and the next thing I know, they were hitting all balls towards Wang, who promptly lost yet another point.

It should be FTW couldn't climb fast enough for this Olympic in terms of ranking she sure to over take Wang in no time maybe by year end!:thumbsup:

do u think u can play better then them? if not, let not say they are not up to the standard or wat.

I think they have done their best and it is not easy to go that far... further more they are facing China in final which is very strong.

Do we really want to go down this road of "You must do better than the person you are commenting on?" once again?

do u think u can play better then them? if not, let not say they are not up to the standard or wat.

I think they have done their best and it is not easy to go that far... further more they are facing China in final which is very strong.

miss or not, there is no doubt the China team attack looks much faster and more impromptu to counter :bigeyes:.

Face it, no other nation is realistically able to beat the Chinese.

Let's focus on being the best of the rest, and staying there. If we have a realistic shot against China, fine and dandy, if not, it's not the end of the world.

Kudos to the players.

Let's focus on being the best of the rest, and staying there. If we have a realistic shot against China, fine and dandy, if not, it's not the end of the world.

Kudos to the players.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudos to the players.

Rubbish. USA is already leading in the medal tally, and they performed well in Gymnastid despite the Chinese's biasness.

Rubbish. USA is already leading in the medal tally, and they performed well in Gymnastid despite the Chinese's biasness.
not when it comes to the tiny ping pong ball..

Kudos to the players.

Don't quite agree with you bro. There is nothing impossible in Olympics. The ball is round.

I think the best opponent is oneself. If we're just satisfied with our present standings, we'll never, ever improve. Everyone is improving, so our girls should dare to dream. Dream of becoming the top team in the next Olympics, be it beating China or other top teams.

Looking back at tonight's game, I just can't see the fighting spirit in our girls as compared to the game they played against Korea on Friday. Maybe the standard is still a distance apart, or maybe their psychological thinking hasn't been tuned correctly. Nevertheless, I still congratulate them and hope they will dare to dream in their years to come.

wang yue gu wasted all the chances! , she is so lousy

Don't quite agree with you bro. There is nothing impossible in Olympics. The ball is round.

I think the best opponent is oneself. If we're just satisfied with our present standings, we'll never, ever improve. Everyone is improving, so our girls should dare to dream. Dream of becoming the top team in the next Olympics, be it beating China or other top teams.

Looking back at tonight's game, I just can't see the fighting spirit in our girls as compared to the game they played against Korea on Friday. Maybe the standard is still a distance apart, or maybe their psychological thinking hasn't been tuned correctly. Nevertheless, I still congratulate them and hope they will dare to dream in their years to come.

Hence my disclaimer about ambition tempered with post-match realism. While one should always aim to progress, one should always maintain a sense of proportion when appraising the end-result..

Congratulation to SINGAPORE woman table tennis team for winning the SILVER medals:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.