Singapore river water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao_shin

Sep 21, 2002
Visit site
Just walk by Singapore river just now. Noticed that the river mouth has been blocked for quite a while now.

Wonder if the water is 100% fresh water or still contains salts. Don't ask me to drink some to find out.. :D

some weeks ago i saw the water is like teh-C color, no salt oso in sad state. but it'll be a waste of resources at a time where there are more pressing concerns at hand. :embrass:

Just walk by Singapore river just now. Noticed that the river mouth has been blocked for quite a while now.

Wonder if the water is 100% fresh water or still contains salts. Don't ask me to drink some to find out.. :D

Our river where got fresh water? heheh No spring from up river. Water comes in from the sea. So for sure have salt and other sediments. They might not have block it entirely. Just the surface but not below. If you see the tide effecting the river by going up and down...it means the river mouth blockage is not water tight.

Our Singapore river where got ever be clean one. Too much bum boat activities, people throw stuff in, the river bed has not been .....what's the word for it...something to do with cleaning out the river bed of generations of dumping and unnatural stuffs...so each time a strong under tow work up the river bed sediments...you get TEA-O or some other yucky colorations heheheh...

It is not bad already... 2 decades ago it was worst heh.

maybe got milk powder... :sweatsm:

actually, whenever the river turn into teh, its because of the sediments that got washed in via canals, longkangs, or other channels... nothing to do with the bottom of the riverbed...

and i dun think the river is clear water yet... i remember reading that it needs at least two years before the salt get washed out... ie, rain falls, dilute, excess water released into the sea... repeat cycle over and over again... water gets diluted more and more, until its fresh water...

and even then, i wouldn't think of drinking it.... not treated yet, so not safe to drink...

TS should have visited the place 30+ years ago (if he/she is that old..haha)...

I used to go there 2-5 times a month....my granny's temple is there and we always go there to watch Teochew Opera....

back then..the smell...aiyoh.....and colour...lagi funny

I am sure there are...you have to wonder what else has been dumped into the river all these years so don't laugh! heheh

true la, milk powder camo very nicely there... :bsmilie:

blame Merlion, everyday :ipuke:!! :bsmilie:

I used to go there 2-5 times a month....my granny's temple is there and we always go there to watch Teochew Opera....

If I can remember correctly, it was not Teh-C, it was Kopi-O!

There is nothing wrong with the water of Singapore River.

I live in a shack beside Singapore River. I bathe in it, catch fishes out of it, wash my laundry in it etc. etc.

Singapore River is an intergral part of my rural existence. :)

you meant when the coolies and bumboats hauling goods still around ah? :)

Wah in those days har? Aiyo...blindfold you you also will know when you are near the River heheheh... And you can find some coolies bathing in it or washing clothes !!!. Hardcore man.

i read in ura masterplan exhibition few years ago, that the water will become not salty water at 2015 or sumthin... i can't recall the detail..

The sludge and sediments have been around for decades. Even the big clean-up operation back in the 80's was unable to remove all of it.

But there was a big improvement then as the life in the river improved rapidly and we were able to fish in the river for some decent fishes.

But these days, after the so-called daming efforts, there is still effluents being flushed into SG river from the drains and canals connected to this river basin. Likely culprits? The shops along the whole area. Cleaning water full of chemicals, etc are all left flowing into this river.

Somehow, I feel that this is a stupid idea and somehow should have been left alone. ;(

There is nothing wrong with the water of Singapore River.

I live in a shack beside Singapore River. I bathe in it, catch fishes out of it, wash my laundry in it etc. etc.

Singapore River is an intergral part of my rural existence. :)

Wah!! Tell us where? Can we do a TFCD?

Afghan girl bathing in Singapore river. Throw in some smoke and light.. Sibei saloon leh.

2015 seem like a long time.

It is not entirely salt water to begin with. More of a mixture of salt water from sea and rain water from the land.

Sammy, if the design worked as it should be. There will be no salt water coming in from the sea anymore. See the Discovery program in it not too long ago.

then we can have a Sarong Party....Girl...u r lucky...so many of us shooting at u

I always wear my sarong when I go into the water just in case got shooter like you around with long lens. :bsmilie:

Then must use underwater camera already. Fish-eye with sun burst for the Afghan girl? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.