Singapore River Sunset 26 Dec '16

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoongeng

Jan 26, 2010
Hello everyone I'm organising an outing to take some sunset / blue hour photos of the Central Business District area, details as follows, please read the instructions carefully

Date: 26 December 2016 Monday (Boxing Day, public holiday following Christmas Day on Sunday)
Time: 6pm till around 8pm
Location: Near Esplanade Bridge on Esplanade side (see attached photo for viewpoint)

A photograph taken at this location (taken at 16mm full frame equivalent, cropped slightly):

Requirements to register:
1. Beginners and keen to learn - Beginners as in you need help with camera settings, what mode to use or how to set up your tripod. This will be more of a sharing session, I will share what I have learnt from the seniors in this forum and try to answer as many questions as I can.
2. Post a photograph in Clubsnap after the outing - After the session I will create a thread and you are required to post at least 1 photograph from the outing. I hope everyone will learn from the experience by getting feedback from others especially the seniors in this forum (I will try to comment on all the photographs posted)
(seniors and those who are able to set up your own camera and tripod are welcome to join (and share with us if you are keen), just drop me an email (address in the watermark of the photo) or PM me or just drop by thanks!)

Group size (for those registering): 5

Equipment:
1. Any camera (preferably able to set exposure manually and have Bulb mode), remember to bring enough batteries and memory cards
2. Any lens (I will be using an ultra-wide lens, but you can practice composition with any lens you have)
3. Tripod
4. Remote control for your camera - either wired or wireless or wifi
4. Any filters, levellers you have or other equipment you think will be useful
5. Water, snacks if you need and umbrella

How to register:
- Those who are keen to register we will do it the usual Clubsnap way - copy and paste the list and add your name to the end of the list
- Nearer to the day, most likely Sunday night, I will PM all the registered participants the exact location to meet

Those who register but did not appear on that day, or did not post their photograph after the outing will be blacklisted ;p

I will update this post with the confirmed list of registered participants by 25 December, or earlier if it is full. I will also update on the day itself if the outing will be on or not in case of weather etc so please check the thread before heading out

Thanks and hope to see you guys on 26th December :)

Update 26/12/16 5pm:
Dark clouds looming but forecast says just cloudy.
So the outing will be a GO, and hope for the best :)
Unlikely to have a nice sunset, so those who are thinking twice just let me know no problem!

Update 26/12/16 11+pm
Thread to share photos started, look here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1651770
Instructions for uploading to Clubsnap Gallery in post #7 here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1607136&p=9324285&viewfull=1#post9324285

Last edited:
This is the registration list, use 'Reply' button, then copy and paste the list, and add in your Clubsnap nickname. If you jump queue or put in your name without continuing the list you may not be registered thank you.
END

Just take note, the sunset will be out of the frame on the right.

Just take note, the sunset will be out of the frame on the right.

Thanks boss for the heads up. Yeah this viewpoint is too 'southerly', if there is a brewing epic sunset we probably will shift location :)

1. antares2063 (Junwei)

Dark clouds looming but forecast says just cloudy.

So the outing will be a GO, and hope for the best :)

Unlikely to have a nice sunset, so those who are thinking twice just let me know no problem!

No more updates to this outing so closing thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.