Singapore River @ Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond350

Mar 19, 2006
North East
www.flickr.com
2304347128_ec2542e4e6.jpg

My original intention was to take the picture before it turns dark, although the sky already darkens when I reached the place, feel it brings the focus to the foreground, where the main focus is (the light trails)

Would want to seek C & C whether the composition works.

I would say it is a clean and nice shot~
Composition wise seems good and i like the light trails. Gives me a feel of light splitting out from the center of the photo.
A little nit pick will be the cropping. Seems a bit unbalance. Maybe can crop slightly more on the left and on the top. :)
And i think the title may be more suitable if you change it to something else. I was expecting a shot which consist of Fullerton Hotel, shophouses and stuff. Though Singapore River runs through to Clarke Quay, but, i guess the title is somehow misleading if your focus is on the light trail la. :)

Nice.. Like what Yapster says, the cropping can be improve. The light trails itself looks like a river of lights and I think it would be better if the sky has colours too. Time for a reshoot, be early this time! :)

i feel that capturing some red tail lights into the pictures could add up the finishing touch to this picture :thumbsup:

the exposed clouds doesn't look really impressive. random blotches of grey doesnt really fit with the clean nice shot you got of the scape below. try doing this again on a cloudless night. :bsmilie:. maybe a gnd filter used on the sky would help in keeping it dark and uniform, may be wrong thou

keep on shooting!;)

Hi Raymond, I feel 1 of the test of whether this is a good shot, is if you can stare into the picture, and be mesmerized by it. People will always have preferences - sky too dark (but if the sky is brighter, how to get longer light trails?), not enough this and that.

I'd say this is a good shot. But most importantly, you enjoy looking at your own works. Unless you are a professional photographer whereby other people's opinion of your works matter more than yours.

I could stare at your picture for minutes just looking through the lights, the darkness, the road, etc. Well done.

i like the lights...maybe the crop off the sky abit would be better...

Thanks to all for the comments. A better sky colours/clouds formation most probably will add much more impact. Will definitely try again to see a different result.

emlee, i do share the same sentiment with you, somehow other ppl could spot certain things that you don't. But I'm glad you liked it.

Interesting trails of light and yeah the dull sky is the weakness in the link, but some times people uses dull surroundings to built a impactful focal.

Any reason why you have not panned to the left which will have some nice colors from Central...?? Just curious.

Interesting trails of light and yeah the dull sky is the weakness in the link, but some times people uses dull surroundings to built a impactful focal.

Any reason why you have not panned to the left which will have some nice colors from Central...?? Just curious.

If I shifted left, it will be a totally different photograph and the focus will not be on the light trails anymore. I do have one shot that is panned to the left, but consist of straight light trails which is not so interesting.

Also, the building on top of Central is dark compared to the colourful windows found on the MICA building.

Status
Not open for further replies.