Singapore PR (Malaysians) - Info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Need some info on Malaysians who are Sg PRs. My & my wife just had our passports renewed at the Msia hi-comm (at Jervois Rd). Both our passports expire in Dec 06 and we renewed for another 5 years. In the new passports, my new expiry date says Dec 2011 ... but my wife's passport expires in July 2011. This means they gave her less 6 months, right?

When we asked the staffs there, one told is it's based on the renewal month. This is crap because if that's the case, everytime we renew 6 months before expiry, we lose another 6 months?

Another staff told us that it's because my wife's passport has only 1 empty page left, while mine has 2. What the heck? That's nonsense right? He went in and talked to his 'boss' and came out with the same crap reason.

So I need to find out if any of you faced such problem before ... and best if there is any advise on who on earth can we write to?

ndroo said:
Thanks for the reply. Oh so this is a 'common problem' ah. :angry: Damn, can't they get 1 thing done the correct way? ;(

aiyo......malaysian style mar.......hehe. if they go correct way, then how to earn money?:bsmilie:

Not only Malaysia passport, Singapore passport also the same.

ndroo said:
When we asked the staffs there, one told is it's based on the renewal month. This is crap because if that's the case, everytime we renew 6 months before expiry, we lose another 6 months?

Yup, I'm afraid that's the truth of it as far as i know. we lose 6 months everytime we renew it. in theory, the passport with less than 6 months is still valid, i think even if less than 6 months, you can still enter malaysia with the passport. just don't expect to go another country with less than 6 months validity.
never heard of the pages thing. i think the chap BS'ed you? like that if my passport never stamped at all, do i get a bonus month? you paid for a passport with 32 pages, what does it matter how many you used.....
anyway, who did you ask? don't bother asking those bunch of guys who hang out at the photocopy machine/photography machine. they just hang out and talk but dun seem interested in anything. only can press the copy button on the copier. the counter staff more knowledgeable. or there was this fierce punjabi lady who controlled the queue when i was there. she seem to know her stuff.

giddygoat said:
Yup, I'm afraid that's the truth of it as far as i know. we lose 6 months everytime we renew it. in theory, the passport with less than 6 months is still valid, i think even if less than 6 months, you can still enter malaysia with the passport. just don't expect to go another country with less than 6 months validity.
never heard of the pages thing. i think the chap BS'ed you? like that if my passport never stamped at all, do i get a bonus month? you paid for a passport with 32 pages, what does it matter how many you used.....
anyway, who did you ask? don't bother asking those bunch of guys who hang out at the photocopy machine/photography machine. they just hang out and talk but dun seem interested in anything. only can press the copy button on the copier. the counter staff more knowledgeable. or there was this fierce punjabi lady who controlled the queue when i was there. she seem to know her stuff.

yeah but still you can't do much about it lei.....6 months less means a goner or one page left also goner.....

giddygoat said:

I asked the counter staffs lor. Only an uncle controlling the queue (he blur like sotong). So when we asked the 2nd staff, he went in and check with his 'boss'. Came out with the 'reason' lor :angry:

ndroo said:
Oh, no ... no the 6 month validity issue. Read my post again and you'll understand my problem. ;)

ok got it.....i guess it's time to go back BUT it will be a big hassle, especially with our passports. You confirm it expires DEC 06? From what i know now, if you renew NOW, they will only give you until July 2011 and not Dec 2011. Because once you surrender your old passport, even the pages have not finish but have expired or pages finish but not expired, they will only start counting from July 06 until July 2011.

In fact you have earn extra 6 months lar.....

I think they must have made a mistake.......either that they are lenient to give you additional months.

Pro Image said:
ok got it.....i guess it's time to go back BUT it will be a big hassle, especially with our passports. You confirm it expires DEC 06? From what i know now, if you renew NOW, they will only give you until July 2011 and not Dec 2011. In fact you have earn extra 6 months lar.....

I think they must have made a mistake.......either that they are lenient to give you additional months.

That's weird, my friends who renewed theirs got a full 5 years leh :(

Guess now LL lor, just live with it. LOL. Just a bit mega ultra pissed, after going there 3 times!!! Mad procedure eh? Wasted 3 half days ... Grrrr!

ndroo said:
Need some info on Malaysians who are Sg PRs. My & my wife just had our passports renewed at the Msia hi-comm (at Jervois Rd). Both our passports expire in Dec 06 and we renewed for another 5 years. In the new passports, my new expiry date says Dec 2011 ... but my wife's passport expires in July 2011. This means they gave her less 6 months, right?

Another staff told us that it's because my wife's passport has only 1 empty page left, while mine has 2. What the heck? That's nonsense right? He went in and talked to his 'boss' and came out with the same crap reason.

So I need to find out if any of you faced such problem before ... and best if there is any advise on who on earth can we write to?

Write what? Pay the fella some extra personal money, or give him some other form of gratuity. That always works. You're not of the favoured race of course, that's why. :)

Pro Image said:
aiyo......malaysian style mar.......hehe. if they go correct way, then how to earn money?:bsmilie:

Care to elaborate your point? I bet the people in the Msia hi-comm will be interested in your statement.

ndroo said:

I face the same problem too..but no point arguing with them. because u will end up having 2 fool arguing there.

The best place to complaint ,

a) see Michael Chong (MCA Building in KL) physically
b) write to The Star

Let;s the media to pressure them.

rayshade said:
Care to elaborate your point? I bet the people in the Msia hi-comm will be interested in your statement.

Then sent this link to them lor......

If you are thinking of the word bribing, then you are obviously very wrong lor.....

A Malaysian International PP cost a lot. A lot more than other countries PP. So they will encourage for renewal.

kahheng said:
Write what? Pay the fella some extra personal money, or give him some other form of gratuity. That always works. You're not of the favoured race of course, that's why. :)

hmn..... you haven't get caught before i guess.

kahheng said:

Yeah obviously you have not get caught yet.

Pro Image said:
Then sent this link to them lor......

cannot elaborate huh?... then think before u speak lor

Status
Not open for further replies.