Not open for further replies.

Silence Sky

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2006
Wednesday April 11, 10:38 AM
Singapore PM's salary stuns White House official
ADVERTISEMENT

AFP Photo

A senior White House official on Tuesday admitted he was floored by the news that Singapore's prime minister earned five times more than US President George W. Bush.

"I'm going to emigrate and run for office in Singapore," the official said on condition he be identified only as "a senior administration official who sits in disbelief after reading that story."

On Monday, the Singapore government had announced a fresh 25.5 percent pay hike for Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, boosting his salary to 2.05 million dollars per year.

Bush gets paid 400,000 dollars per year for doing his job, according to the White House.

Combined with personal investment income, he and his wife Laura reported 618,694 dollars in taxable income in the 2005 fiscal year. They had to pay 187,768 dollars in federal taxes.

But maybe Bush shouldn't feel so bad. The Singaporean's paycheck is eight times fatter than Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/070411/1/47qxy.html

What to do, they are running the office. But wonder if someone runs the office would he do the same. Maybe can get CNN to do a report on which country head earn the most. Then Singapore will come out first again.

"I'm going to emigrate and run for office in Singapore," the official said on condition he be identified only as "a senior administration official who sits in disbelief after reading that story."

As if he can get elected easily ... I wouldn't want him to pass the laws like those in the states ... to run Singapore like States ...

:cool:

I sense a gang of wolves coming

Bends Locks Destroys Erases

and...

Thank you for your understanding

What to do, they are running the office. But wonder if someone runs the office would he do the same. Maybe can get CNN to do a report on which country head earn the most. Then Singapore will come out first again.
you'll be surpsred who's at the bottom.. and running the the worlds biggest population

As if he can get elected easily ... I wouldn't want him to pass the laws like those in the states ... to run Singapore like States ...
half agreed with you. However, I like the way US takes emotions into consideration when making decisions. Whereas, everything here is "by right", by logic and "by balck-and-white".

:cool:

I sense a gang of wolves coming

Bends Locks Destroys Erases

and...

Thank you for your understanding

Napoleon is sending the hungry dogs to tear Snowball into pieces. :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

how come only PM Goh is willing to freeze his own salary and accept no pay rise? :dunno:

Gentlemen,, A gentle reminder. This thread is for reading only. Please do not pose your comments on the article.

If this thread degenerates any further, I will not hesitate it to close with no further explaination.

If you must say something, let's talk about the novel written by Orwell :"Animal farm"

See what a small little red dot can do.

:bigeyes: We stunt the white house and the world ar!!!!:bigeyes:

Tell bush don't have to fight big wars to earn money, there are more peaceful ways to do it.:bsmilie:

how come only PM Goh is willing to freeze his own salary and accept no pay rise? :dunno:

Becasue PM Goh is Snowball!!!

Or maybe he is not happy with the percentage..

Gentlemen,, A gentle reminder. This thread is for reading only. Please do not pose your comments on the article.

If this thread degenerates any further, I will not hesitate it to close with no further explaination.

If you must say something, let's talk about the novel written by Orwell :"Animal farm"

This "Animal Farm" novel got 3 girls and a man in a farm one izzit?

Which "Animal Farm" book you're reading?

How come mine one got girls wearing animal skin bikinis one? :bsmilie:

Hahahaha:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think we are reading the same book. You reading which vol.?

The current volume I am reading strip you clean clean one. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.