Singapore Photography Places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all photographers! :)

May I know where are the best places for photography in Singapore though I'm using a semipro camera with manual settings.

So far I have went to:

1. Esplanade (Merlion)
2. Shenton Way
3. Chinatown
4. Toa Payoh Town Park
5. Singapore Botanic Garden
6. Singapore Jurong Bird Park
7. HortPark
8. Kent Ridge Park
9. Singapore Chinese Garden & Singapore Japanese Garden

Well, was thinking to go Marina Barrage though and other places. But when I'm trying to crack my brain for Singapore Photography places to go, I tend to have a "headache". I feel like wanna go take some neighbourhood photos but my neighbourhood is kinda boring with no good shots to take. I guess I'm a newbie to photography? Because I started photography last May. :angel:

here are some other locations for you:

1) changi boardwalk
2) pulau ubin
3) punggol end beach
4) labrador park
5) vivocity (rooftop and building interior, exterior)
6) kallang basin
7) lower peirce reservoir
8) macritchie reservoir
9) upper peirce reservoir
10) bedok reservoir
11) tiong bahru area

when you have done all that, you can ask again. singapore has so many places to shoot.

in any case, going back to the same location many times doesn't mean you get boring shots. maybe the lighting is more suitable for the shot. maybe you see something new. an intimate exploration of the place, with numerous good pictures with suitable lighting is much preferred to be honest, than a quantity > quality approach where you capture places in singapore like you capture pokemon cards, but nothing is particularly impressive.

here are some other locations for you:

3) punggol end beach

Hi there! like to know what do you shoot at punggol end beach? sunset?

I stay nearby but never tot of going there for photography. hope you can share with me and open up another good shooting location for me! ;)

Hi there! like to know what do you shoot at punggol end beach? sunset?

I stay nearby but never tot of going there for photography. hope you can share with me and open up another good shooting location for me! ;)

yes, sunset

2839695024_3a83235ff7.jpg

sunrise also can, but composition harder

2594519471_2039418822.jpg

the rocks there are also beautiful at night:

2757109224_f7fce9148f.jpg

as are the lights

2594515855_53025bbf2a_o.jpg

Sweet!! :thumbsup:

Is your 1st photo of sunset a HDR? or did you used a Circular Polarizer?

it is a composite of 3 shots of the same scene, different exposures, use layer and selectively erase.

can be considered HDR, probably more accurately described as DRI. (dynamic range increase)

it is a composite of 3 shots of the same scene, different exposures, use layer and selectively erase.

can be considered HDR, probably more accurately described as DRI. (dynamic range increase)

Tks for info! Really nice shots you took :thumbsup:

Didnt know punggol end has got such nice scenery until I saw your photos.

What semi pro camera are you using?
I personally think Botanic Gardens is a very nice place to shoot at, relax at the same time. :)
Especially during weekends. Have a try :D

What semi pro camera are you using?
I personally think Botanic Gardens is a very nice place to shoot at, relax at the same time. :)
Especially during weekends. Have a try :D

Nikon Coolpix P80.

I went Botanic Garden last December and gonna revisit it again probably this Sunday for the Orchid Garden. :)

Nikon Coolpix P80.

I went Botanic Garden last December and gonna revisit it again probably this Sunday for the Orchid Garden. :)

Visit Jacob Ballas children garden if you would

There's a new stretch of road in Seng Kang, deserted but really nice place. Not sure what's the name of the road, but I know it's towards the direction of the sports stadium if you're walking from the MRT which takes about 15-20mins. Explored a bit and discovered there's a new park at the opposite end of the road as well. ;)

3362354137_22a7f50f00_o.jpg

3363171066_ba626625b1_o.jpg

3363170794_e75816925c_o.jpg

There's a new stretch of road in Seng Kang, deserted but really nice place. Not sure what's the name of the road, but I know it's towards the direction of the sports stadium if you're walking from the MRT which takes about 15-20mins. Explored a bit and discovered there's a new park at the opposite end of the road as well. ;)

3362354137_22a7f50f00_o.jpg

Hey! thats where i do my weekly 5km run! :)

I'm so looking forward to the completion of the parks especially the one nearer to the seaside.
do you stay around the area also?

Hey! thats where i do my weekly 5km run! :)

I'm so looking forward to the completion of the parks especially the one nearer to the seaside.
do you stay around the area also?

No, in fact I live quite far from Seng Kang, haha! My friend lives near this area and told me about it. =D

No, in fact I live quite far from Seng Kang, haha! My friend lives near this area and told me about it. =D

I see! This stretch of road is very quiet all day so good for a nice jog in morning or evening. :)

For a newbie, you seem to have 'shot' at many places already. But photography is not about 'been there, done that' once. I tend to visit a place over and over, and at different times/seasons. If one is observant, there are always things to shoot, perhaps from another angle, or different composition, etc. Experiment. Allow your 'creative juices' to flow, and you might be pleasantly surprised sometimes by some very nice shots. All depends on your interests, e.g. nature, macros, people, candids, landscape, cityscapes, nightscapes, etc. Do give concerts, performance, dances a try to? Have you tried shooting children?

Just some ideas...
Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.