Singapore photographers are just SO inconsiderate~ Are U ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangbeng

Nov 11, 2004
Along the Eastern Coast
www.flickr.com
i was at the annual lion dance championship held at civic plaze, ngee ann city just now. Tonight was the Freestyle Finals where by the dancers are doing HIGH risk acts on beams.

The MC SPECIFICALLY told the audience before the show that FLASH photography is not allowed/encouraged as the flash might disturb the performers. But then again, when the lions are jumping from beams to beams...BLINK BLINK BLINK~! :nono:

Spare a tot for those guys on the beams lah...i am sure you can survive without good pics right?

Are u one of the culprits?! OWN UP~ ;(

you have a shot to show?maybe can identify them.

you should hunt them down...
use the flash on your DC and flash at them when their taking shots..
make their shots overexposure..

do what? .. set your flash to slave mode and angle it across their lens?

ha ha...bring along a torch light next time and point at those peoples' camers
more powerful source

majere2sg said:
Either the MC is speaking a foreign language which the photographers don't understand or they are just simply idiots.. :thumbsd:

Maybe those using flash photographers came after the announcement.:think: Possible?

yangbeng said:
NO...if PnS users i still wouldnt be so upset~ i saw an L and a 300D in action...but keep BLINK BLINK BLINK...~ damn irritated by them.

fwah yangbeng then it must be canon users la!!!:bsmilie:

But even so,for me without the announment,i would not use flash.

Don't blame the photographers with big cameras. We are usually very considerate in such events, but it's those with P&S cameras who have no idea how to use their cameras. At the dog show even after I switched off my flash, one of the judges stared at me, assuming I was the one who was flashing at the dogs, and I went up and gave him a piece of my mind.

Just because I have a big camera doesn't mean I'm the one. I'm willing to bet 99% of the flashes at the event were from P&S users who have no idea how to switch off their flash.

Vulpix0r said:
Don't blame the photographers with big cameras. We are usually very considerate in such events, but it's those with P&S cameras who have no idea how to use their cameras. At the dog show even after I switched off my flash, one of the judges stared at me, assuming I was the one who was flashing at the dogs, and I went up and gave him a piece of my mind.

Just because I have a big camera doesn't mean I'm the one. I'm willing to bet 99% of the flashes at the event were from P&S users who have no idea how to switch off their flash.

IMHO, it's not the size of the camera but the attitude one have regarding to other's safety vs getting a good shot.:think:

Vulpix0r said:

If you're using a higher end body (D2H/D2X/1Ds II/1D II/S3pro/S2pro etc), go up to them and challenge them..."If you can find a flash on my camera, you can keep my camera...":bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Snowcrash said:
IMHO, it's not the size of the camera but the attitude one have regarding to other's safety vs getting a good shot.:think:

some are willing to do anything as long as they can get good shots.:bsmilie:

Most likely those using PnS set their setting to auto,so every shots come out with flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.