Singapore-Penang-KL-Genting-Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Hey, I am planning a short trip to West Malaysia: Singapore-Penang-KL-Genting-Singapore, all in 4 days. Here is my itinerary. Got a few questions, not sure if anyone here had similar experience before.

Day 0: Take night coach from Singapore to Penang, 11 hours.
Day 1: Arrive at Penang in the morning. Go around Pinang island. At night, take another coach to KL! (means 2 nights on the coach), 7 hours if I am not wrong.
Day 2: Arrive at KL in the morning, go around and then find a hotel to stay.
Day 3: continue city trip, shooting around, and then move up to Genting in the afternoon, stay in Genting (gamble a bit, if got luck then can fund a 1Ds II, LOL).
Day 4: Shooting around in Genting in the morning, go back KL in the afternoon, shopping and going back singapore.

Any comments and anything to take note? thanks a lot for any input!!

Your itinerary very perfect, do allocate buffers :)

Apart from that, flying from JB to Penang should be cheaper than taking coach IIRC.

Penang is fun if it's not on weekends, take note, else most of the places of interests are closed.

Erm....I think your schedule is too tight....4 days for Penang or KL/Genting alone is just nice imo....esp first and second day....sleeping in coach is no joke :think:

espn said:
Your itinerary very perfect, do allocate buffers :)

Apart from that, flying from JB to Penang should be cheaper than taking coach IIRC.

Penang is fun if it's not on weekends, take note, else most of the places of interests are closed.
hey thanks dude! Got to ask:

1. flying from JB to Penang cheaper? And what's the flying schedule? How to get ticket (going to JB)?

2. You meant in Penange, places of interest will be closed on weekends? Kind strange.

Big Kahuna said:
Erm....I think your schedule is too tight....4 days for Penang or KL/Genting alone is just nice imo....esp first and second day....sleeping in coach is no joke :think:
Noted, will think about it. Maybe only Penange or KL/Genting as you suggested.

Thanks!

Actually I have been to KL/Genting but this time is more for photography type, and with wife.

At the end of the trip you are going to be one tired dude. I think your schedule is too tight. But that's just my opinion.

tomshen said:
Hey, I am planning a short trip to West Malaysia: Singapore-Penang-KL-Genting-Singapore, all in 4 days. Here is my itinerary. Got a few questions, not sure if anyone here had similar experience before.

Day 0: Take night coach from Singapore to Penang, 11 hours.
Day 1: Arrive at Penang in the morning. Go around Pinang island. At night, take another coach to KL! (means 2 nights on the coach), 7 hours if I am not wrong.
Day 2: Arrive at KL in the morning, go around and then find a hotel to stay.
Day 3: continue city trip, shooting around, and then move up to Genting in the afternoon, stay in Genting (gamble a bit, if got luck then can fund a 1Ds II, LOL).
Day 4: Shooting around in Genting in the morning, go back KL in the afternoon, shopping and going back singapore.

Any comments and anything to take note? thanks a lot for any input!!
I think too rush already. I suggest you skip Penang and can consider skipping Genting as not enough time

tomshen said:
hey thanks dude! Got to ask:

1. flying from JB to Penang cheaper? And what's the flying schedule? How to get ticket (going to JB)?

It costs roughtly RM200-RM260 each for a one way ticket from JB to Penang if you fly by AirAsia. You can book via Air Asia Malaysia's website. There is a shuttle bus from JB to Senai Airport and it costs about RM3 one way. You can take 160, 170 or 950 from Singapore to reach JB's "Senai Airport City Lounge"

You can check the bus schedule and rates here : http://www.senaiairport.com.my

And you can check out a "Penang Forum" at http://chinese.cari.com.my/myforum/forumdisplay.php?fid=60 for some info :)

Yeah, I flew AirAsia the last time, took a cab in to Senai airport.

Some places of interests in Penang are closed on weekends, the free shuttle service also stops after 2pm on sat and no operation on sundays/holidays. I went last Oct with some friends, end up we just walked around and covered as far and much as we can. :(

Thanks all for your kind replies! Decided to drop Penang and then have a bit more time in Genting! Wish me lucky haha...

taking a cab to Senai airport is fine, just don't take a cab back to Singapore from City Lounge area. Wanted to take a cab previously and they are charging like S$50 per car IIRC. Ended up taking bus back.

Wish you all the luck @ Genting :) WIN WIN WIN !

hi, not sure if ur still intending to take coach or fly. but you got ur tics alrdy? i usually get my tics from across the causeway, instead of singapore (after causeway walk str8 after the mobil station). its half the price of wat u find here.

problem with coach at this time of year, is getting a ticket for the timing u want, to leave KL for sg. i normally try to get my tics the day i reach KL, rather than wait for the day itself.

hope it helps :)

How abt taking train-air to penang.... night train to KL then penang by air... i prefer to sleep in train... nicer :D

uncleparty said:
hi, not sure if ur still intending to take coach or fly. but you got ur tics alrdy? i usually get my tics from across the causeway, instead of singapore (after causeway walk str8 after the mobil station). its half the price of wat u find here.

problem with coach at this time of year, is getting a ticket for the timing u want, to leave KL for sg. i normally try to get my tics the day i reach KL, rather than wait for the day itself.

hope it helps :)

same for train tix too... buy n board in JB... half price.... train station is just opposite city square... very near only

Status
Not open for further replies.