Singapore Open Shooting Competitions 2012.

Stevewhy

Apr 8, 2006
Hi Everyone.

Those who are interested to shoots events and build your portfolio, this is the only chance that you can get to take pictures of IPSC,
Dynamic Shooting(Yes! real Guns)Competitions in Singapore. Something like CQB…

Conditions: All those who are interested, after the shoot, please submit 30 of your best photos in JPG at max resolution,
10 or more mega pixel. The organizer have the full right to used the pictures for publishing.
Hand it to me before going back or I will arrange for a meet up for everyone.

I’ll be there to advise you where you can station yourself or how to follow the shooter while he/her is on the move.
This event shoots is NOT an outing for Newbies photographer, no one is there to teach you how to shoot event. So sorry….

Venue: National Shooting Centre.
990. Old Choa Chu Kang Road. National Shooting Centre
990 old choa chu kang road national shooting centre - Google Maps

Date: 7th Sat & 8th Sun July 2012.
Time: 8am to 5pm.
Lunch and drinks provided.
Goodie bags.

There are no bus going to the Range, those who do not have their own transport, you can meet at Boon Lay MRT station,
SHARE a cab and claim the cab fare from me, must produce receipt, Please…not one person one cab okok.
Meeting at Boon Lay MRT 7.30am. (Taxi Stand).
Return trip, we have transport to ferry you out of the range at the end of the event. Please inform me if you are leaving early.

7th Sat 2012. 8am to 5pm.
Example:
Name: Steve Wong/ MRT/Own transport.(No nick please).

4 Slots only.

1. Reserve for Dan Lim.

8th Sun 2012. 8am to 5pm.
End of the event, we are having prize presentation and buffet, it will end around 7.30pm,
those who are keen to stay back, please let me know.

Example:
Name: Steve Wong/ MRT/Own transport/Staying back.(No nick please).

10 Slots only.

Disclaimer: Me or the event organizer are not responsible for any death or injuries.

Thanks for viewing.

For this event...just where will the photographers be allowed to shoot from?

Reportage said:
For this event...just where will the photographers be allowed to shoot from?

on trees i'm guessing

Hi Everyone.

Those who are interested to shoots events and build your portfolio, this is the only chance that you can get to take pictures of IPSC,
Dynamic Shooting(Yes! real Guns)Competitions in Singapore. Something like CQB…

Conditions: All those who are interested, after the shoot, please submit 30 of your best photos in JPG at max resolution,
10 or more mega pixel. The organizer have the full right to used the pictures for publishing.
Hand it to me before going back or I will arrange for a meet up for everyone.

I’ll be there to advise you where you can station yourself or how to follow the shooter while he/her is on the move.
This event shoots is NOT an outing for Newbies photographer, no one is there to teach you how to shoot event. So sorry….

Venue: National Shooting Centre.
990. Old Choa Chu Kang Road. National Shooting Centre
990 old choa chu kang road national shooting centre - Google Maps

Date: 7th Sat & 8th Sun July 2012.
Time: 8am to 5pm.
Lunch and drinks provided.
Goodie bags.

There are no bus going to the Range, those who do not have their own transport, you can meet at Boon Lay MRT station,
SHARE a cab and claim the cab fare from me, must produce receipt, Please…not one person one cab okok.
Meeting at Boon Lay MRT 7.30am. (Taxi Stand).
Return trip, we have transport to ferry you out of the range at the end of the event. Please inform me if you are leaving early.

Example:

4 Slots only.

1. Reserve for Dan Lim.
2. Gan/Share cab/No transport

End of the event, we are having prize presentation and buffet, it will end around 7.30pm,

Example:

10 Slots only.

on trees i'm guessing

If that is the case, i would be shooting from a most advantageous position since i have experience doing so. If it is so, you willing to join?

Anyway TS, by any chance are we only allowed to photograph from the back of the shooters or there are various areas for us to photograph from?

Last edited:
I think it'll be a challenge to use a 300mm to climb the tree. Can we know how many shooters will there be on a tree?

Last edited:
From the looks of the event past pics and if the photography rules are still unchanged, i would not be surprised if looking to make unique images.

SOSC 2007

SOSC 2007

img_3064.jpg
img_3152.jpg

Oh yes, for those who are going do check if ear protection will be provided by organiser. Even pros sometimes forget to bring earplug thinking it would be provided by organiser.

Last edited:
Is there bullet vest and helmet provided? Would like to shoot from the bullseye target with a high speed camera. BTW what about insurance coverage?

Example:

4 Slots only.

1. Reserve for Dan Lim.
3. Lawrence Ang / Share cab / No transport

Example:

10 Slots only.

Last edited:
Example:

4 Slots only.

1. Reserve for Dan Lim.
4.Alan Chen/traveling on my own

Example:

10 Slots only.

Take me out .. confined in camp

Example:

4 Slots only.

1. Reserve for Dan Lim.
4.Alan Chen/traveling on my own

Example:

10 Slots only.

Hi Reportage.

I've mention in the thread, "I’ll be there to advise you where you can station yourself or how to follow the shooter while he/her is on the move"

Hi Jopel.

Sorry No bullet proof vest or helmet provided. Sorry again you can buy your own insurance.

Hi gilcrest.

Nah... not preparing for anything. Children under 12 are not advisable, its a competition and busy day, hard to take care James Sorry...

From the looks of the event past pics and if the photography rules are still unchanged, i would not be surprised if looking to make unique images.

SOSC 2007

SOSC 2007

img_3064.jpg
img_3152.jpg

Oh yes, for those who are going do check if ear protection will be provided by organiser. Even pros sometimes forget to bring earplug thinking it would be provided by organiser.

We are taking pictures of competitor shooting pistol or revolver on the move, like opening door and engage target or shoot through windows, something like CQB.
Quite fun and you can find very nice action shots, its different from the link you provide.

Yes earplugs provided.

Update....

I have put up 10 slots on Saturday as well, since not many want to go on Sunday

Example:

10 Slots only.

1. Reserve for Dan Lim.
2. Lawrence Ang / Share cab / No transport
3. Alan Chen/ Own transport.
4. Luke /Own transport.
5. AndYap Ch/ Share cab.
6. Calvin Chan /Own transport

Example:

10 Slots only.

1. Reserve.
2. Reserve.

Last edited:
Steve..we only can take picture from behind the firer, right? Anyway to take the action from front?

Hi imac.
Yes you can with remote trigger, but your camera might get hit, it will be at your own risk.