SINGAPORE NIGHT HUNT - Singapore International Photography Festival (SIPF)

f o c u s

May 4, 2007
Singapore
As part of SIPF 2010 satellite event, the SINGAPORE NIGHT HUNT is the first ever night-time photo marathon competition to be held in Singapore.

This 8-hour photography competition kick starts at 10pm from City Square Mall.
Participants can venture anywhere in Singapore to complete their given themes, as long as they are back at OldSchool within the stipulated time.

Using their creativity and wits, the challenge is to capture suitable images with the available light sources they can find. Attractive cash rewards and prizes to be won! :bigeyes:

Prizes:
1st Cash $500 +Canon EOS 550D Kit I (EFS 18-55) worth $1,349
2nd Cash $300 + Canon PowerShot G12 worth $849
3rd Cash $200 + Canon PowerShot S65 worth $669

Top Finalist’s works will be showcased in SIPF website.

Judges:
Darren Soh
Ho Hui May
Gwen Lee

Date/Time: 6 November 2010, Saturday 8pm – 6am
Venue: City Square Mall.
Fees: $20 per person.

The hunt questions will be released on 6 Nov, 9.30pm.
Registered Participants to report at 8pm onwards to pick up instruction list.
Kick off from City Square Mall
Ends off at OldSchool, 2902 Gallery

For more info and to register, please visit SIPF website.

I dont mind the $20 entry fee. Just what is the organiser`s stand on obviously studio shots?

hahaha, I wldnt mind joining too! But wld need a car! If not taxifare very "heavy'...lol

According to the organizers, they are ok with "studio-like" shots, as long as the images are taken in the same night of the Hunt and fits the Night Hunt's themes released on the night. Digital manipulation should be kept to the minimum basic, i.e. adjustment of levels and curves, etc.

Participants are required to upload their selected images direct from their camera's CF cards upon returning to OldSchool in the morning.

If you are keen, remember to register first at the SIPF website.
http://sipf.sg/web/sipf-2010/sipf-satellites/singapore-night-hunt/ :)

Maybe a few people can share a car or taxi for the night.
Or just concentrate around the vincinity. It should be more cooling and exciting at night too. ;)

*LATEST* - FREE film screening for participants.

Registered participants will also get to watch 'A Sense of Place' on 3 Nov, Wed @ 7pm (8Q at SAM) - FREE!

Simply print out your registration and show it to us before the start of the screening.
:lovegrin:

Fees: $20 per person.:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

woooooowooowoooowo !
please :nono: do this la ! !

tungtong2010

Even the Canon marathon only $10 + free tshirt leh.....

Ah, okie...Understood. lol Maybe the SIPF dont have enough budget??? :bsmilie: I mean seriously...If you are just out to shoot, for the experience, whats S$20? I thought it was rather interesting to have a night photography competition....At least, the organiser dares to be different....Just my 2cts worth...;)

Ah, okie...Understood. lol Maybe the SIPF dont have enough budget??? :bsmilie: I mean seriously...If you are just out to shoot, for the experience, whats S$20? I thought it was rather interesting to have a night photography competition....At least, the organiser dares to be different....Just my 2cts worth...;)

Registered participants (i.e. registration fees paid) will get a limited edition SIPF 2010 lanyard + to watch 'A Sense of Place' at 8Q (SAM) for FREE on 3 Nov, Wed.

Participants who return back in the morning with their images will also be treated to a hearty breakfast at 2902 :D

To catch the free screening of ' A Sense of Place', simply show your paid registration form for the Night Hunt before the start of the screening.
For more info, about this film, please click here.
This film might serve to drive some inspiration and ideas, especially for the Night Hunt participants. ;)

Last edited:
who will actually wear the shirt again?

now just waiting to see if can join any group going as pretty boring going alone.

SIPF is actually a non profit self funded festival, all the money we collects from any events we organized goes to ensuring that the next festival programs we can provide free talks or workshop for everybody.

The night hunt is more like a get together event for anybody especially those who wants to avoid the hot sun streaming down to join, and especially it is a deepavali weekend, i'm sure there's plenty to see and capture. Definitely there would be those who wants to aim for the top prizes.

:)

According to the organizers, they are ok with "studio-like" shots, as long as the images are taken in the same night of the Hunt and fits the Night Hunt's themes released on the night. Digital manipulation should be kept to the minimum basic, i.e. adjustment of levels and curves, etc.

Participants are required to upload their selected images direct from their camera's CF cards upon returning to OldSchool in the morning.

If you are keen, remember to register first at the SIPF website.
http://sipf.sg/web/sipf-2010/sipf-satellites/singapore-night-hunt/ :)

Does this means I can unsharp mask?

Registered Participants to report at 8pm onwards to pick up instruction list
Can let us know a bit more on what sort of instructions we will be expecting?

now just waiting to see if can join any group going as pretty boring going alone.

Wear for my RT in camp mah, haha.....

just to add...

Panel of Judges:
* Darren Soh
(award-winning editorial and commercial photographer, PDN's 30 New and Emerging Photographers to watch in 2009)
* Ho Hui May
(NTU ADM lecturer, winner of 24th UOB Painting of the Year)
* Gwen Lee
(founder of 2902 Gallery & festival director of Singapore International Photography Festival)

Results will be announced on 13 November 2010 during SIPF's Closing Ceremony, 4pm.

This event will be a great chance to meet and mingle with other photographers! Especially when everyone is back in the morning and having breakfast together! :)

The Organisers of SIPF would like to thank all who braved the rain yesterday morning to make the 1st Singapore Night Hunt a successful one! :)
We hope that everyone had fun and a good day's rest yesterday. :D

The judges had a challenging time deciding on the winner as some of the entries were pretty stunning!
Please note that SIPF will be announcing the winners pretty soon!

WATCH THIS SPACE ;D