Singapore needs more graduates, not less

It is a case of fraud and NUS is the victim. Surely you are not suggesting everyone should just save taxpayers' money and fake it? And does the existence of fake bank notes means that the real ones are useless?

Interesting idea. Will the fake bank notes be paid to the real degrees and real bank notes be paid to fake degrees? If so then there is use for both. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

But no lah, that's not what i'm saying. Of course you need real degrees. Afterall somebody with real skills is needed to do the job, just that the place for the real degrees is no longer at the top, but at the bottom.

So in this context i fully agree with garmen policy.

If you work hard 4 years to get real degree, do the hard work, and only get to eat banana skin, while fakes skip the hard work, get all your rewards and eat the banana, then the easiest solution to this problem is to not do a real degree, right? So you save 4 years, but do the hard work anyway, and get banana skin which is your rightful reward.

:bsmilie:

Why is a single case of fraud (which can be prevented with proper evaluation and checks) mixed up with the general strategy of education and skills / professionals needed for the industry?

Last edited:
From my knowledge this one is not the only incident and furthermore (rather unfortunately of course). You have decent, exceptional researchers leaving just because they could not tolerate the system any longer and who went on to really publishing groundbreaking papers a short period thereafter at their new unrestrained environment.

Last edited: