Singapore My Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octane69

Jan 10, 2005
Singapore
www.ukayphotography.com
Ok.. since national day is just round the corner... just wanna find out how many of us here really treat singapore like home... if ever u have a free choice to move to another country or continent... would you? Does not matter what age you are... or what your job is... assuming that all else remains constant....or ideal...

I do see singapore as my home in many ways... however I cannot see myself living here till the day i die.... singapre simply saps the energy from me... the lifestlye here is too demanding monetary as well as mentally...

How about you?

Ok.. since national day is just round the corner... just wanna find out how many of us here really treat singapore like home... if ever u have a free choice to move to another country or continent... would you? Does not matter what age you are... or what your job is... assuming that all else remains constant....or ideal...

I do see singapore as my home in many ways... however I cannot see myself living here till the day i die.... singapre simply saps the energy from me... the lifestlye here is too demanding monetary as well as mentally...

How about you?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... thanks to the 66.6% .. More GOOD Years Ahead

All good except IPPT, it's killing me..............which smart alex suggested the RT systems???

Must go and shake his hand. But, singapore still good for me.

Yeah it is.

Although we all need time away from home once in a while, I guess.

I was born in Singapore, I grow up in Singapore, I receive my education in Singapore, I have serve my nation as a Singapore soldier, I have a home of my own in Singapore, my family is in Singapore, my friends are in Singapore, I have a job in Singapore, and I am have the Singapore pink IC and Singapore passport, and it says that I am a Singaporean.

So if I can't call Singapore my home, then where is my home??

One more thing, I have stayed oversea for a few years before, and there is no perfect place to live in.

I'm a australian that moved to Singapore 8 years ago with work. Original plan was only to stay 12-18 months. For the first 5 years, I kept saying "Next year I'll go back to Sydney". I've now given up trying to plan to return to australia, so I'd say, yep, Singapore is my home now.

I do think one day I'll return to Australia. Maybe to retire, and thats a long way off!!

I was born in Singapore, I grow up in Singapore, I receive my education in Singapore, I have serve my nation as a Singapore soldier, I have a home of my own in Singapore, my family is in Singapore, my friends are in Singapore, I have a job in Singapore, and I am have the Singapore pink IC and Singapore passport, and it says that I am a Singaporean.

One more thing, I have stayed oversea for a few years before, and there is no perfect place to live in.

Bravo to you... A Singaporean!

I'm a australian that moved to Singapore 8 years ago with work. Original plan was only to stay 12-18 months. For the first 5 years, I kept saying "Next year I'll go back to Sydney". I've now given up trying to plan to return to australia, so I'd say, yep, Singapore is my home now.

I do think one day I'll return to Australia. Maybe to retire, and thats a long way off!!

Earn a living in Singapore and retire in Australia... why not retire in Singapore?

Agree with kelccm. It also depends on where you were raised. For me, I was born and grew up in SGP. But for my brother, since he was born and grew up in Italy, he always wished he could go back one day.
It's an emotional thing too.

What is IPPT?
Sounds like a tax, nobody likes taxes :)

It tax your body... haha..btw are you a Singaporean? Have you done NS in Singapore?

I surf Singapore photo forum, I read Singapore's channelnewasia.com, I eat Singapore foods,
I go to Singapore for holidays, I buy camera gear from Singapore shops, I chat to Singapore girls in the chat site, I dream about Singapore etc.

But I live in Sydney. Can I consider Singapore also as my home? :)

i will say singapore is still the cheapest place to stay in. food is cheap, transport is cheap, you can get anything in singapore. tax and GST is still lower than in many countries.

it doesnt apply for those who look for high standard of living and wans a car. but, housing in singapore is still cheaper than living in HK or Japan interms of $/floor area. Of course staying in Australia, cars n housing is cheaper in the suburb, but other than that, it is opposite from singapore.

There are also alot more political issues in many countries. i dare say singapore is still a very livable places. just dun get involve in politics.

Kiasu Singaporean? i think it doesnt apply to only singapore ba... everywhere in the world, people are kiasu. it is just how people present theirselves in their public.

I love to stay in Australia where i am now studying. but food here is too expensive. travel distances are too far when going from one place to another.

one sentence. just live happily and be satisfied with what you need than what you want.

i will say singapore is still the cheapest place to stay in. food is cheap, transport is cheap, you can get anything in singapore. tax and GST is still lower than in many countries.

it doesnt apply for those who look for high standard of living and wans a car. but, housing in singapore is still cheaper than living in HK or Japan interms of $/floor area. Of course staying in Australia, cars n housing is cheaper in the suburb, but other than that, it is opposite from singapore.

There are also alot more political issues in many countries. i dare say singapore is still a very livable places. just dun get involve in politics.

Kiasu Singaporean? i think it doesnt apply to only singapore ba... everywhere in the world, people are kiasu. it is just how people present theirselves in their public.

I love to stay in Australia where i am now studying. but food here is too expensive. travel distances are too far when going from one place to another.

one sentence. just live happily and be satisfied with what you need than what you want.

cant agree more ... when in sg, we complain this, complain that. im guilty of complaining sometimes.. but whenever i'm overseas, i prefer to be back home.... just the familiarity around...

when we kpkb that we have to wait abit more for a bus to come , think have to go european countries when we have to wait 45mins for a bus sometimes, and shivering from coldness outside while waiting, then we know we're blessed here :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.