Singapore My Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love caltech. hope to go there next time.

one of my buddies did his masters at caltech and is doing his phd at georgia tech :bsmilie:

lovely place.

stanford's pretty too. i'll post in landscapes and travel when i've the time to resize my pictures

Travel, stay overseas (long term, not as a tourist, things are very different). Go with your eyes open. As a tourist, everything seems great, once you get stationed there, it's a whole different story.

I find it made me very grateful for everything I had back at home. I used to think differently, but spend a couple of years out here and your perspective may yet change.... :think::)

That obviously is not to say we are 'perfect'. There are things we can, and should do better.. there is always room for improvement :)

one of my buddies did his masters at caltech and is doing his phd at georgia tech :bsmilie:

lovely place.

stanford's pretty too. i'll post in landscapes and travel when i've the time to resize my pictures

haha. me really hope can go there to do both masters and phd. btw, your buddy studies physics?

haha. me really hope can go there to do both masters and phd. btw, your buddy studies physics?

nope he did mech engine, and is doing his phd in bio-engine now :bsmilie: when i visited him he was pouring over little bio-reactors

nope he did mech engine, and is doing his phd in bio-engine now :bsmilie: when i visited him he was pouring over little bio-reactors

cool. when i went there, i wanted to see their famous jet propulsion lab, but no chance:(.

but have to say though, caltech's surroundings is pretty.......well, dead. at night abit too quiet, at day not many people around. and the closest shopping centre was pretty far away(forgot the name).

cool. when i went there, i wanted to see their famous jet propulsion lab, but no chance:(.

but have to say though, caltech's surroundings is pretty.......well, dead. at night abit too quiet, at day not many people around. and the closest shopping centre was pretty far away(forgot the name).

well berkley and stanford, harvard and mit are "college towns" a bit more bustling...there's even a stanford shopping centre..

when you are in the states at the wrong places.. its pretty quiet.. no food.. nothinggg

well berkley and stanford, harvard and mit are "college towns" a bit more bustling...there's even a stanford shopping centre..

when you are in the states at the wrong places.. its pretty quiet.. no food.. nothinggg

yeah yeah!! mit was bustling, columbia uni also. princeton uni.............. another dead town:bsmilie:. but can be both depressing or refreshing, depends on personality i guess.

oh, and uni of texas austin.............that one really rock. so big, so lively, somemore got a small town to buy foodies too:D.

Travel, stay overseas (long term, not as a tourist, things are very different). Go with your eyes open. As a tourist, everything seems great, once you get stationed there, it's a whole different story.

I find it made me very grateful for everything I had back at home. I used to think differently, but spend a couple of years out here and your perspective may yet change.... :think::)

That obviously is not to say we are 'perfect'. There are things we can, and should do better.. there is always room for improvement :)

i concur with u

agree, i realised people down here need to travel overseas more often. To be frank, SG is very safe and clean. :thumbsup:

Sg is very safe, clean, sterile
... i dare say even more than japan.... We tend to become complacent living here... sometimes its better to travel or stay for a period overseas... to sharpen the senses that are dulled.... but well.... :dunno: sometimes its better to be a frog at the bottom of the well...

How true. I had never been grateful for everything I had back home until I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.