Singapore My Home Photography Competition - Prizes worth over $10,000!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecow

Feb 18, 2008
Hi all, this is a nation-wide competition held in conjunction with NDP'09. Click on the picture for full details!

haha long time no see too currently exam coursework pile up like mountian high aready stress.... no outing till june lol sobsobsob 3weeks never touch cam aready...

haha long time no see too currently exam coursework pile up like mountian high aready stress.... no outing till june lol sobsobsob 3weeks never touch cam aready...

Wah. Jiayou. I just completed my first yr of uni. ;p

by the way a lot of us are concerned with intellectual property rights for the photos submitted in competitions. for this competition they will use winning entries and other selected entries for NDP publicity, but will credit the owner accordingly. image copyrights will always remain with the original owner.

winning entries will also be exhibited in shopping malls, hdb hub etc.

Interestingly, the winner will have to give autographs whenever they require :)
Never seen this before... :D

so we upload the photos or send them in?

Alternatively, the images can also be submitted on a CD-Rom, together with the duly completed officialentry form by 10 June 2009 (Photocopies of the form are acceptable) to the following address:

so they will upload for ask into the site? Oh okay.

Sorry if I sound stupid, but how to you go about to register for the competition?
I try finding the link to register but doesn't seems to be able to do so/ it doesn't work. Can anyone enlighten me the steps to register? Thanks in advance

so we upload the photos or send them in?

Alternatively, the images can also be submitted on a CD-Rom, together with the duly completed officialentry form by 10 June 2009 (Photocopies of the form are acceptable) to the following address:

so they will upload for ask into the site? Oh okay.

Upload on the site. The hard-copy entry by mail is more a contingency plan in case the server fails...

Sorry if I sound stupid, but how to you go about to register for the competition?
I try finding the link to register but doesn't seems to be able to do so/ it doesn't work. Can anyone enlighten me the steps to register? Thanks in advance

once you reach www.singaporemyhome.sg, click on "log in" on the top right and you will be redirected to the official NDP website for log in or registration. clicking on "submit photos" will do the same too if you haven't logged-in/registered.

simply fill in the blanks and register your ndp account. after that you should be redirected back to www.singaporemyhome.sg. if you're not redirected, just enter the url manually.

Hi Stonecow, perhaps the website isn't functioning the way it's supposed to... or maybe it's just me, but I can't register. Could you advise, please?

there is a series featuring scences from overseas :)
seems like photog's personal gallery of trip abroad.

jude

cool...time to go sss n try my luck :D
the theme is my home? then i shld shoot my home? lol..

theme is "Coming Together". haha. I also had the same thought as you. Wah home! easy ah! so i submitted 5 of those that reminds me of Singapore. Skali i saw a small print stating theme and when i click it i saw this..

"
About "Singapore My Home" Photography Competition

The “Singapore My Home” Photography Competition is a nationwide competition, which provides an opportunity for Singaporeans and residents to share through their lenses what Singapore means to them. Nothing tugs at the heartstrings more than emotion-evoking images that reflect our common identity, and our shared memories as Singaporeans.
Singapore My Home

The theme for Singapore My Home 2009 is "Come Together".

All budding and seasoned shutterbugs are invited to capture the essence of what brings us together as Singaporeans. It may be friends getting together or special family moments, a game of soccer or a feast of local food, a celebration of joy or overcoming adversity together. Indeed, it is this spirit of togetherness that bonds us as Singaporeans, and reminds us that Singapore is truly Home.
"

once you reach www.singaporemyhome.sg, click on "log in" on the top right and you will be redirected to the official NDP website for log in or registration. clicking on "submit photos" will do the same too if you haven't logged-in/registered.

simply fill in the blanks and register your ndp account. after that you should be redirected back to www.singaporemyhome.sg. if you're not redirected, just enter the url manually.

Thanks for your help. However, it doesn't seems to work even after i follow the steps given. I have a feeling that the website is having some functioning problem.

Hi Stonecow, perhaps the website isn't functioning the way it's supposed to... or maybe it's just me, but I can't register. Could you advise, please?

I think you are facing the same problem that i have encounter. The website doesn't bring us to the registration page. Instead the screen merely disappear a while and comes back to the log in page again.:(

NE clicks clicks & beanbean:

which browser and version are you using? the lates browser shouldn't have any problems - mine was smooth. perhaps you can try going straight to http://www.ndp.org.sg/ to register, then return to http://www.singaporemyhome.sg to see if the website acknowledges your log-in. oh yah, you need to enable cookies.

theme is "Coming Together". haha. I also had the same thought as you. Wah home! easy ah! so i submitted 5 of those that reminds me of Singapore. Skali i saw a small print stating theme and when i click it i saw this..

"

The “Singapore My Home” Photography Competition is a nationwide competition, which provides an opportunity for Singaporeans and residents to share through their lenses what Singapore means to them. Nothing tugs at the heartstrings more than emotion-evoking images that reflect our common identity, and our shared memories as Singaporeans.
Singapore My Home

All budding and seasoned shutterbugs are invited to capture the essence of what brings us together as Singaporeans. It may be friends getting together or special family moments, a game of soccer or a feast of local food, a celebration of joy or overcoming adversity together. Indeed, it is this spirit of togetherness that bonds us as Singaporeans, and reminds us that Singapore is truly Home.
"

wow great info :thumbsup:
good luck man..

"

Singapore My Home

"

The organiser has been informed of this confusion over the theme, and has since added a line and hyperlink on the first page

Status
Not open for further replies.