Singapore Museum Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. All winning entries will become the sole property of BTG (Banyan Tree Gallery) who also reserves the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fee of any kind. Relevant credit will be given to the photographer.

In another words, Banyan Tree Gallery could possibly re-sell your works for a profit without paying any royalty fee to the photographer.

2. All winning entries will become the sole property of BTG (Banyan Tree Gallery) who also reserves the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fee of any kind. Relevant credit will be given to the photographer.

In another words, Banyan Tree Gallery could possibly re-sell your works for a profit without paying any royalty fee to the photographer.

Ya... this is the cheapest way to get nice photographs at really discounted costs.... BTG could have paid tens of thousand to engage professional to shoot for these photos but instead give out free rooms from their hotell business!
My guess is that the photos will be used probably as coffee table books, postcards, souvenirs, keychains, etc....

I think it is a very bad deal for any photographers .... BTG should change the rules if they are seriously trying to help the local photographers.... give them the deserved prizes but let them keep their rights and pay the photographers royalty if they want to use those images... :think:

BTW, hotel rooms are free .... you have to buy your own air-tickets!

Do you think BTG really care about Local Photographer?
There are a business organisation and all they care is $$$ and what is commercially most viable to them which is "Getting the most quantity in the lowest price".

Anyway...they will be amateur photographers who would rush to take part cos most of them are interested in their prizes and they dun see much value in their photograph. I will be suprised if professionals take part in such compeition that has no recognition and credibility.

The hotels are very far (China, Laos), need to pay lots of $ to fly there. I rather they give the bintan resort as prize.

"Shortlisted participants agree to license and allow BTG to post their submissions online and on any other promotional materials in any manner as BTG deems fit, without payment of any fee of any kind."

Crazy shite....

Also, all the hotel stays are for one person right? Which means you will have to pay if you want to travel with someone....

Wonder if Sony realises that what their co-sponser is doing can be bad for Sony's image.

so, is anybody taking part in this? :bsmilie:

just printed 2 S8R prints for the competition and went down to CP to take the entry form.
read the rules and to my shock, model release is required!! :eek:

if they want the pics for commercial purpose, spend the money and commission a professional photographer to take those pictures lah. don't waste time with contest...

3. If any other shortlisted images are found to be appropriate for use by BTG, BTG shall negotiate with the photographer on mutual terms of their use.

Think if your photo are going to be use they will contact you and you stil have the right to tell them yes or no right?

3. If any other shortlisted images are found to be appropriate for use by BTG, BTG shall negotiate with the photographer on mutual terms of their use.

Think if your photo are going to be use they will contact you and you stil have the right to tell them yes or no right?

"Shortlisted participants agree to license and allow BTG to post their submissions online and on any other promotional materials in any manner as BTG deems fit, without payment of any fee of any kind."

Where you find this clause? I did not see it in the T&C?

http://www.museumshop.com.sg/photocompetition_tc.php

Hey ,

if i open a company and need some "nice" images , i know where to look for. Start a competition and get all the rights in the entries. :bsmilie:

Cost cutting :thumbsup:

This are part of the T&Cs taken from their website,

>>><<<
Copyrights

1. Participants must ensure that they have obtained model releases from any persons featured in their entries allowing publication and use of the works in accordance with the copyright terms and conditions herein to be used by BTG.

2. All winning entries will become the sole property of BTG who also reserves the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fee of any kind. Relevant credit will be given to the photographer.

4. Winners may later be requested to submit the negative film or original high-resolution image file. Digital images must be at least 4 mega pixels with resolution 1944 dpi by 2592 dpi, in jpeg or tiff format.
>>><<<

To me this seems like they have all rights to the photos of the top 3 prize winners. For other photos that are shortlisted, they will negotiate with the photographers on the terms for commercial use.

Where you find this clause? I did not see it in the T&C?

This are part of the T&Cs taken from their website,

>>><<<
Copyrights

1. Participants must ensure that they have obtained model releases from any persons featured in their entries allowing publication and use of the works in accordance with the copyright terms and conditions herein to be used by BTG.

2. All winning entries will become the sole property of BTG who also reserves the right to use them in any manner deemed fit, without payment of any fee of any kind. Relevant credit will be given to the photographer.

4. Winners may later be requested to submit the negative film or original high-resolution image file. Digital images must be at least 4 mega pixels with resolution 1944 dpi by 2592 dpi, in jpeg or tiff format.
>>><<<

To me this seems like they have all rights to the photos of the top 3 prize winners. For other photos that are shortlisted, they will negotiate with the photographers on the terms for commercial use.

Seems they have modified their T&C.... I got that more then two weeks ago.

Just receive call from them.....
asking for email and home address only.

Just receive call from them.....
asking for email and home address only.

Me too. When I asked is it because I've won, they say they haven choosen the winners yet. Just want to send some voucher or something.

Err... Very nervous.
Do you know of anyone else participated this contest?
She said its a $10 shopping voucher.

Only 1st december they will review on their website.

Err... Very nervous.
Do you know of anyone else participated this contest?
She said its a $10 shopping voucher.

Only 1st december they will review on their website.

Yeah they called and I didn't bother to ask what's going on. Just confirmed the address and they said they gonna send a voucher. $10? To buy coffee or what? :sweat:

barang barang voucher la.

barang barang voucher la.

$10 can buy what at Barang Barang? Maybe if we all put our vouchers together and accumulate until $1000, then we can buy some nice table or sofa ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.