Singapore Marathon Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
Hey Guys, anyone going this year to shoot the marathon?

I was thinking of capturing the 42 km full marathon runners at the Anderson Bridge (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=244519&highlight=Singapore+Marathon ... is this Anderson Bridge :dunno:) as it looks like it will not be too crowded. Last year I was near the finish and it was a massive load of runners and spectators etc.

Anyone knows if the 42km runners will run across Anderson Bridge?

Thanks!

Hey Guys, anyone going this year to shoot the marathon?

I was thinking of capturing the 42 km full marathon runners at the Anderson Bridge (http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=244519&highlight=Singapore+Marathon ... is this Anderson Bridge :dunno:) as it looks like it will not be too crowded. Last year I was near the finish and it was a massive load of runners and spectators etc.

Anyone knows if the 42km runners will run across Anderson Bridge?

Thanks!
u can go to their website n check out the route. i dun rmbr running on anderson bridge, only on esplanade bridge. u can try kallang park cuz frm there they r running towards ECP.

Are you one of the 42 kmers? Tell me your tag # and I'll see if I can shoot you on Sunday! LOL!

Already did the search, but the animated maps etc do not show very clearly the exact path the 42 kmers will be taking. I suspect the run under the newer (Esplanade?) bridge and emerge on the other side to merge with the half-marathoners then go towards Connaught Drive and on to the finish. Even the race booklet and maps I have in front of me doesn't show very clearly the exact path.

Actually, I need to be around that area due to some logistics, but am trying to find the clearest vantage point near the bridge where I can see all the 3 diff catagories of runners.

Are you one of the 42 kmers? Tell me your tag # and I'll see if I can shoot you on Sunday! LOL!

Already did the search, but the animated maps etc do not show very clearly the exact path the 42 kmers will be taking. I suspect the run under the newer (Esplanade?) bridge and emerge on the other side to merge with the half-marathoners then go towards Connaught Drive and on to the finish. Even the race booklet and maps I have in front of me doesn't show very clearly the exact path.

Actually, I need to be around that area due to some logistics, but am trying to find the clearest vantage point near the bridge where I can see all the 3 diff catagories of runners.
i nt so crzy.. so running 21km....

iirc, runners for 21 n 42 nid to go back to esplanade bridge frm marina n turn right to anderson bridge. then 10km is frm shenton way direction onto e bridge. quite a gd place cuz there r more supportors n cheer leaders too. :D

Thankfor sharing that HB Kopitiam!

So eventually the 42 kmers do run across Anderson Bridge?

At any rate, I'll call the race organisers to dbl check and confirm. I'm just trying to nail down as much info as I can first.

CHEERS!

Thankfor sharing that HB Kopitiam!

So eventually the 42 kmers do run across Anderson Bridge?

At any rate, I'll call the race organisers to dbl check and confirm. I'm just trying to nail down as much info as I can first.

CHEERS!

If they are still following previous years route, the marathoners won't be passing Anderson Bridge. They will pass by Esplanade drive (both directions). For the ending part, they will run along the path besides esplanade, goes under esplanade drive, come out over the other side into the park. Then they will run to Connaught drive, follow it to St. Andrew's road where the finishing point is.

My wife is 4562 - she'll be one of the first few local women through so if you can get a shot, I'd be really grateful. She's wearing all purple outfit! Thanks!

If they are still following previous years route, the marathoners won't be passing Anderson Bridge. They will pass by Esplanade drive (both directions). For the ending part, they will run along the path besides esplanade, goes under esplanade drive, come out over the other side into the park. Then they will run to Connaught drive, follow it to St. Andrew's road where the finishing point is.

Thanks theonlyone!

All week I've been in touch with the marathon call center till the contact person is probably sick of my voice! :bsmilie:

I've been told this and that and sorry we can't confirm, and have been advised this and that.

Went down to recce the place today, and barricards and construction that are supposed to exist are all not there. Barricades would be put up tonight after they close the roads, but for heavy construction to 'dissappear'?

I'll just have to play it by ear tomorrow, and would definitely keep an eye out for your wife eastwest. Which distance is she running, and what's her estimated finishing time?

All the best to anyone shooting or running tomorrow!

It is a good idea for you to get there early, as the Kenyan champions return very fast, like 2 hours plus for the Full, & 1 hours plus for the half, u need the time to reccee around a good point near to where they breast the tape at the finishing line.

I'll just have to play it by ear tomorrow, and would definitely keep an eye out for your wife eastwest. Which distance is she running, and what's her estimated finishing time?

She's running 42km and last year she finished in 3hrs 13mins. Guess she will be aiming to come close to that but she hasn't trained so much as she has had SEA games hockey training take over.

ETA 8.30am - 9.00am. I'm afraid that I might be in a position where I will be blocked by the thousands of 10/21 kmers coming in at that time, but I'll keep an eye out for someone in 'all purple' and shoot her if I can. ;)

CHEERS!

bring a ladder? :bsmilie: just kidding :bsmilie: hope you get your shots! weather should be good tomorrow morning :)

Ladder would be no go. Too dangerous, and would not be tall enough. From last year's experience where I was shooting (>15' high), it just gave me line-of-sight...barely. In an ideal world, you would rent a crane with a platform enclosure like those used by firemen. Yes, it happens in places like the US when shooting masive celebrations or marathons.

But thanks for the well-wishes! :thumbsup:

CHEERS!

She's running 42km and last year she finished in 3hrs 13mins. Guess she will be aiming to come close to that but she hasn't trained so much as she has had SEA games hockey training take over.

wow... :sweat:
she's fast!

wah!!! your wife was 2nd in the Women's Open (Local) cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.