Singapore Marathon Photography Contest with Prizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainsmoker

Aug 7, 2005
GagalandCloud9
Hi friends,

Thought of sharing with you the details of the photography contest Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2005 on 04thDec05.

Prizes
1st -$250
2nd -$150
3rd -$100

Links to the official website singaporemarathon.com

Map Route in .pdf

Map @ Finishing Point

The Interim

Date: 4 December 2005, Sunday

Programme @ the Padang:

0600 - Start of full marathon
0630 - Start of half marathon
0700 - start of 10 km, Team, CEO Challenge
0730 - Estimated finishing time of top 10km (Men)
0735 - Estimated finishing time of top half-marathon (men) & 10km (women)
0745 - Estimated finishing time of top half marathon runner (women)
0815 - Estimated finishing time of top marathon runner (men)
0840 - Estimated finishing time of top marathon runner (women)
0930 - Prize presentation for to 3 marathon open winners (men & women)
1000 - Start 7-Eleven's Kids Dash (750m)
1030 - Start of Wheelies 10km race
1100 - 1200 - Prize presentation

Contest details:
As part of our Runspiration programme, photo enthusiasts will get a chance to show off their creative skills in this year's inaugural photography contest for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon.

Come down with your cameras on Sunday, 4 December 2005, and capture:

- Elite runners
- Family and friends running together
- Children in the 7-Eleven Kids Dash
- Supporters and Cheerleaders
- Carnival @ the Padang

This year's theme is "Passion and Enthusiasm", and the winning photos will be judged based on originality, creativity, and relevancy.

Carnival @ Padang map. Please note there will be limited access at the end point, especially when the elite runners come in. (Kindly note that the Carnival map is subjected to changes)

Wah start 0600HRS, think when I reach there, most race finished liao..;p

check this out, here we go again

9. Participants will grant The Organiser exclusive rights to any photographs connected to the competition with the above-mentioned tournament.

12. All entries submitted will be the property of The Organiser and no grants or claims will be administered should any photographs be chosen to be used for publicity purposes in print, media or any other forms.

ortega said:

9. Participants will grant The Organiser exclusive rights to any photographs connected to the competition with the above-mentioned tournament.

12. All entries submitted will be the property of The Organiser and no grants or claims will be administered should any photographs be chosen to be used for publicity purposes in print, media or any other forms.

They manage to make the Rules and regulations but the prices has not been mentioned. Hmmmm they can give away peanuts for a prize if they want.. hahahaha
and some more, they also have the link to buy and "order photos". Wow! Good business isn't? :D

Hi there, I tried looking for the 'online' registration BUT couldnt find it. Just found the PDF registration to be printed out. Do I have to send it in in person? OR What is the link to the online registration? Please advice.

Yeaps it makes good business sense on their part.

ortega said:

nothing new. participate if you agree to their t&c, and dont if not.

ortega said:

i am just curious, has anyone's photo been chosen to be used by the organizer without winning before? anyone to share his/her story?

:think: it's not often that you get to shoot competitive athletes here in singapore. and with a carnival event held after the prize presentation to boot as well.

i think it's a worthwhile trip to gain exposure and experience in shooting this type of events.

you don't even have to submit your photos for THEIR competition and give up YOUR copyright. :sticktong

you can always keep it for a more lucrative and suitably themed competition for
your shots. :bsmilie:

just my two cents. :lovegrin:

Very "interesting" ideas ....

This year's theme is "Passion and Enthusiasm", and the winning photos will be judged based on originality, creativity, and relevancy.

lol ................ so anyone has the " passion and enthusiasm " ??? anyone ???

thinkbig said:
Hi there, I tried looking for the 'online' registration BUT couldnt find it. Just found the PDF registration to be printed out. Do I have to send it in in person? OR What is the link to the online registration? Please advice.

I had check with the organiser, apparently we need to fill in the PDF registration form, mail it to the SSC per the address in the form, wait for their response.. according to organiser, the SSC will provide a pass for all registered participant.

Call them for more enquiry. :)

Marathon winner gets... US$25,000

Photo contest winner gets... S$250 :bsmilie:

Sadly symptomatic of the value put on photography in Singapore.

r52lanc said:
Marathon winner gets... US$25,000

Photo contest winner gets... S$250 :bsmilie:

Sadly symptomatic of the value put on photography in Singapore.

I understand how you feel, bro ....would adding another '0' behind be more equitable ? :bsmilie:

Anyway, I ve feedback accordingly ....hope they do something about it :)

$500 in total for 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes ????????????? This is BAD PUBLICITY for CHEAPSKATE Standard CHARTERED BANK

HSBC should sponsor the event next time to avoid the embarassment to banks that cannot afford to hire event photographer and resort to cheapskate tactics to obtain images...... tsk tsk tsk......

madmacs said:
nothing new. participate if you agree to their t&c, and dont if not.

i know, just pointing it out for those who don't bother to read the t&c

for that kind of prize money and T&C i won't be joining.

btw read point #9 clearly, it says "any photographs" not submitted photographs

ortega said:

why does everyone always complain about these things? when you enter a competition you are giving photos to them, if you wanted to use the photos for something else as well, i.e. a magazine, they probably wouldnt accept it anyway because you already submitted it to this contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.