Singapore Labrador Park

izeman13

Dec 2, 2008
Hi All,

Does any one lately visit labrador park singapore? We are planning to take sunset photos and I would like to know if someone recently attempt to go there. Because last time we went there the isle going down near to the sea is already been closed and that is the only best part of the park to take sunset photos. Anyone here can share if they already re-open it? Thanks

Hi All,

Does any one lately visit labrador park singapore? We are planning to take sunset photos and I would like to know if someone recently attempt to go there. Because last time we went there the isle going down near to the sea is already been closed and that is the only best part of the park to take sunset photos. Anyone here can share if they already re-open it? Thanks

Just went there 2 days ago. The jetty has been sealed and the public are not allowed in. You can still shoot from the railings though, not much of a choice but the angle is not that bad.

6735615033_5b0323d31e_z.jpg

Last edited:
is it a good place to go alone? or will i like get lonely halfway

is it a good place to go alone? or will i like get lonely halfway

Define 'lonely'? :what:

It is not spooky or anything, if that is what you mean. There are usually quite a few joggers doing their runs in the park, up till evening time.

The jetty and rocky shore has been sealed for a while already... For public safety, that is the reason given.

Nature Reserves

hmm. does it mean that they need to hire a lifeguard if they want to open that area?

ps: it is relatively easy to climb the fence. just saying.

hmm. does it mean that they need to hire a lifeguard if they want to open that area?

No idea, all I know is that both the jetty and rocky shore were open for many years before that and I don't recall any incident where anyone was injured. But there may not have been public coverage. The rocky shore was closed at one point in time between when I started photography and the most recent closure for nature conservation purposes (something to do with the inter-tidal population, IIRC). That said, if people do not check the tide timings, the tide can get pretty high, especially when it's king tide. If you happen to be happily oblivious and ignore the rising tide for such a long period of time(it doesn't surge upwards that quickly and the rocky shore is a small area, one can easily walk out comfortably within 10 minutes maximum), my assumption would be that you are a danger to yourself and others in the first place already. :bsmilie:

Define 'lonely'? :what:

It is not spooky or anything, if that is what you mean. There are usually quite a few joggers doing their runs in the park, up till evening time.
yep thats what i meant haha. anyway going with my friend to see the area tmr :)

might try that tomorrow if there is really a shot thats worth it

rcheong1282 said:
QUOTE=Zennith;7710550]is it a good place to go alone? or will i like get lonely halfway

Been around there during Chinese New Year break, you can now also do the nature trail all the way behind REFELECTION, have a look at here.

Thread at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/land-city-scapes-travel/1037293-labrador-nature-coastal-walk.html at land-city-scapes[/QUOTE]

Haha alright:) I went there last tues. Met a fellow photographer whom introduced me to a awesome Singapore landscape group

If not wrong, the rocky beach has been sealed since end of 2009. when I was there in Mar and June 2010, the jetty was still open. a lovely place.
when I returned on last Sat, I was shocked that the jetty has been closed as well.

might try that tomorrow if there is really a shot thats worth it

try not to slip and fall thats all. its quite easy to fumble over your gears :)

i'm not encouraging though

That said, if people do not check the tide timings, the tide can get pretty high, especially when it's king tide.

wow king tide hahaha! agree with getting out of that area is pretty easy. i normally don't wander more than beyond the jetty last time...

allenleonhart said:
wow king tide hahaha! agree with getting out of that area is pretty easy. i normally don't wander more than beyond the jetty last time...

Yep. And the tide comes in very fast