Singapore Kennel Club / Discover Dogs 2013 - 18 August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mageditor

dY4J54D.jpg

Discover Dogs Singapore
https://www.facebook.com/SingaporeKennelClub

Schedule - Download Discover-Dogs-Singapore-_-Schedule.pdf - BitShare.com - Free File Hosting and Cloud Storage

The event is scheduled for Sunday 18th August 2013. I am not a veteran or amateur, just a dog owner since 2000 as well as casual photographer with a 600D.

We are proposing to drop by this show to spend time, practicing while shooting certain aspects of this show. It is billed as the biggest with a Minister attending as well. If you are keen to join us, please feel free to leave your contact details (HP/Email and name etc) via PM or comment here.

Speaking to the organizers to waive admission and grant us photographer rights to learn, shoot and have fun together. Our works can be shared and uploaded to Facebook or Flickr. If they want to use, then they will have to ask individually or collectively.

Thank you.

me too, have PM-ed you my contact details

Myself and 3 of my friends are interested. I have pm'd you with the our contact details.

Thanks for the warm response. Please also advise your camera systems and email addresses as well via PM.

Details are still sketchy and the organizer is asking for the team size. Due to the complexity and number of events that go on around the same time. I am hoping to assemble a team of not more than 6 to 8 photographer friends so we can stagger our shots and not bump against one another as we overlap events.

The events as follow.

Grooming Competition
Judge : Mr. Park Young Chul
9.00am - 5.30pm
Including KKF Award and SKC Award

Agility Trial & Try-outs
Judge : Ms. Cindy Didsman (Australia)
10.30am - 9.00pm

Obedience Trial & Try-outs
Judge : Ms. Cindy Didsman (Australia) 10.00am - 98th Obedience Championship (Novice Class)
11.00am - 5.15pm

10th FCI International (CACIB) Dog Show
Judge : Ms. Soile Bister (Finland) more judging information coming in August 2013
10.00am - 6.00pm

PETS' STATION Companion Dog Show
10.00am - 5.00pm

27th AKU Championship Dog Show
Judge : Mr. Ho Jeng-Long (Taiwan) more judging information coming in August 2013
10.00am to 6.00pm

Last edited:
z3nz.png

Team RSVP
(Pending confirmation from organizer and advisory from individual photography enthusiasts on availability, coverage and DSLR specs)

1) Myself, Daniel Lum
2) Jon Loke
3) Gokula Giridaran
4) Nick Ngaw

I am interested, please count me in.

i m interested, PMed u mine & 1 of my friend contact.

kXplMay.jpg

Poster resized. To view it in its entirely, see - http://i.imgur.com/T3PTDO3.jpg.

Interested imaging enthusiasts and DSLR owners, kindly PM me your HP, Email address and camera equipment/system so can coordinate and put this project together. We have some 11 days to go ... before Discover Dogs.

Status from Organizer: Checking with the Kennel Club committee on the admission waiver. Hopefully they get back to us and it's positive. If not, then we pay our own tickets.

I will need your email addresses so I can also send you a Memorandum of Understanding so we know what's expected and be upfront and make sure we all know what's and where's and how's our part. I am looking to form a team of at least 5 to 8 photographers/imaging enthusiasts. Preliminary gauge of their partial schedule show a few events of interest - namely Grooming, Agility, Obedience, FCI, and the SKU, on top of any show exhibits, exhibition which may capture our imagination and screens.

We intend to gradual nurture a group of aspiring photographers. From initial outlook, the team will have to be briefed what to and not to plus are unlikely to possess any knowledge of dog ownership. Like other AVA, pet related events, being a major player - this Discover Dogs by the Singapore Kennel Club will be an excellent venue for Clubsnap users/photographers to learn about dogs and the realities of canine subject photography, its world and the people who handle and surround it. Remember @ this event, no FLASH photography is allowed.

Last edited:
ORm5ODK.jpg

Kindly refer to your PM for the update. Note there's an admission fee of S$6.00 instead of S$8.00 if we make arrangements by 16.08.2013.

I intend to close registration for our group by Monday 12.08.2013 so to allow time for us to prepare. Thank you.

If there are no more adjustments or additions by Monday 12th August, I will go ahead and make the arrangements for ticketing with the organizers for myself and Jon. Beside being present in this learning exercise, this should be fun ... it's the largest Singapore based Dog show and event with a no. of participants, brands good for networking for product photography as well events.

Have a good week ahead. Cheers.

Coordinator for Clubsnap Photography Community
@ Discover Dogs 2013 (Singapore Kennel Club)
Email: mageditor@gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99888427@N03/

Last edited:
If you still have space, I would be interested too

I am interested

I am also keen too. Let me know if there are still places!

Status
Not open for further replies.