Singapore in Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. The STB statement means that they enjoy the same rights as you as the creator of the images. This however implies that none can thereafter give exclusive rights. Therefore it impairs the owner/creator's rights in so far as not being able to give exclusive rights only.
Creator/owner can still sell the images but not the exclusivity.

Putting aside condition #18 for now... STB has committed itself to say, on the cover page, that they will only "put it on the web, on print, and use it in our promotions."

These rights are very much more limited than ours. Eg we can sell our images, but STB will not.

Where is a lawyer cum weekend photographer when we need one? :dunno:

When people / organisations have a sincere desire to play fair and to accord each other mutual respect, rather than to try and take undue advantage, there is no need for lawyers.

To me, the very fact that STB has taken the trouble to put a statement on its cover page declaring its respect for copyright is a sign of its sincerity.

I think that statement is clear enough. STB spells out very clearly the three areas where it might use our images. If, after all this, some (not you, Bro) are still cynical and suspicious, then it is my turn to say: "Not happy don't take part."

I think that statement is clear enough. STB spells out very clearly the three areas where it might use our images. If, after all this, some (not you, Bro) are still cynical and suspicious, then it is my turn to say: "Not happy don't take part."

Okay.... it is case closed then.

well done richard, thanks

do note that in order for STB to publish your images on the web and to print posters/flyers in future to promote this contest
they must have this limited license to use.

Hey, somebody has got to make the first move and gets his/hers hands dirty. Aren't we glad it is not us?

i'm glad someone made the effort, but this is not a cause which stirs up anything in me, nonetheless, i appreciate it, personally ;)

things which get me down are unsafe traffic/roads. these really disturb me, and I have written in to LTA/TP for stuff like tt. but this is going OT liao ;p.

i have not taken part in photo comps, and have not sold my work before, so u can call me a generally apathetic noob in this area :embrass:

Does anyone know what hapenned to this contest?

I have been trying to visit the link and everytime it gets redirected to the main website page.

The contest page link is missing.....

I wanted to know when the first round winners are announced and how can we view the entries.

Anyone got any clue?

Does anyone know what hapenned to this contest?

I have been trying to visit the link and everytime it gets redirected to the main website page.

The contest page link is missing.....

I wanted to know when the first round winners are announced and how can we view the entries.

Anyone got any clue?

iirc, the winners will be announced on 10 May 09.

My image was spotted on the web... but i only uploaded to flickr. wondering how come it was shown there. see the singapore zoo, NG covers.

Just access into the site. Now can view photos. Good luck to those who take part in this contest.

Hi Rich1048,
I didnt quiet get what you ment.
The photos on the website are not the contest photos.

For everyone else,
I just got a mail from STB saying they will shortlist 50 photographs and will put them online for public voting.
He didnt tell me the dates though but said that the winners will be announced in May.

So the voting should begin shortly I guess.

Wow ... 1 full year! A bit long but sounds interesting!

just enter the site and see short listed 50 photos is out for voting. congrats to those who are shortlisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.