Singapore Happiest Country in Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess the country is happy but not the countrymen...... :(

I am happy... really :D

why is there nothing to be happy about... we have not war, no famine, no drought, no racial riots, our children can go to school safely, our kids can be out until 4am but still come home in one piece... they are not abducted and rape somewhere in the jungle...

I am very happy too, even if I complain a lot about KFC, I am happy that I get to complain about trvial things, and not life and death matters. I believe that everybody on this forum is educated enough to know how to use a computer, to surf the net, almost all have a computer and internet access as a basic necessity, in other words rich enough, so cannot complain about poverty, starvation, education and what have you. There are of course people who are really poor, and every day is a struggle, but I don't think it is anybody on this forum.

I am happy... really :D

why is there nothing to be happy about... we have not war, no famine, no drought, no racial riots, our children can go to school safely, our kids can be out until 4am but still come home in one piece... they are not abducted and rape somewhere in the jungle...

that is one thing... but the cost of living is a bit too high for most of us..... :cry:

that is one thing... but the cost of living is a bit too high for most of us..... :cry:

It really is not too much, else you would not be here chatting on the forum. Inflation is happenning for everybody around the world, so it evens out itself.

Then you should see for yourself true poverty.

I'm happyish... :)

Do you think the compliments came from the smiling pics which we posed sometime back, a nationwide event ? :bsmilie:

Most of the time, it is about money management. If you can't afford it, don't get a car, a DSLR, a new hp every year, subscribe to so many SCV channels, sign up for the fastest broadband, don't eat out so frequently, cut down on junk food, exercise regularly, stop smoking, cut down on movies, recycle things.

If you are not at the top echelon, please bear with some inconveniences. If you can come to terms with these, you'll be much happier. If you have kids and all of them are constantly clamouring for new toys but you have a fix income, you can't satisfy all their demands too. In the end, you can only tell them to cap their expectations.

What rubbish.
Do you have any idea how much stress there is?

One thing I agree with in the video...drug pushers are executed.

When doing my BCTC I was unhappy that healthy and fit foreigner males above 21 years of age are given citizenship or PR and not have to serve. The smooth talk is that their children will have to serve but not them.

I want them to do exactly what I was doing in BCTC.
Whatever I want them to do, I will do first. e.g. charge up the hill or crawl under the barbed wire or attack the FOFO. Then they have to do it after I have shown them and done it first. This is to ensure they cannot claim unfair.

After just ONE try of BCTC.
90% of these foreigners turned citizens/PRs will pack up and leave on the next flight out and never come back.

... In the end, you can only tell them to cap their expectations.

tot Sg is the best of everything.. all world class.. how can cap expectations, later all slack. Then no more world class. :eek: :angel:

wa, looks like they aren't earning their pay, with you badmouthing singapore at every chance! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

有些人,是永远不会快乐的。
快乐是自己给的,不是别人给的。

tot u were complaining not able to fullfill ur dreams of owning a car the other time ??? :):):)
讲屁话是保赢得.

Status
Not open for further replies.