Singapore got sell Sensor Swabs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In CP it sell like hot cake,coz lot of malaysian buying it,no where can be find in malaysia.

deadpixel said:
Yes, you can find them at CP but be warned that they cost an arm and a leg plus an eyeball. :nono:

A better choice would be to make your own reusable one out of Pec Pads and a rubber spatula.

But where can we find Pec Pads here in SG?

pec pad and Eclipse are being sold at CP

and not cheap also, I got Eclipse at SGD 18 and it comes with some pec-pad

Latmo: not worth it getting the swab
make ur own
I did it and my sensor still working :bsmilie:

squalle said:
pec pad and Eclipse are being sold at CP

and not cheap also, I got Eclipse at SGD 18 and it comes with some pec-pad

Latmo: not worth it getting the swab
make ur own
I did it and my sensor still working :bsmilie:

where you buy your eclipse, it come with PEC*PAD ?
i forgot to buy at hk .......

latmo said:
For SG$18 it comes with 10 pieces of Pec*Pads.

The last time I checked, which was more than 7 months ago, the price stated on the box of Swabs was SG$120 but was quoted $85 after "discount."

Go with a homemade swab, all you need is a $3 rubber spatula from a supermarket's kitchenware section, a penknife, and some ultra-fine sandpaper.

To clean, just follow the instructions at this link:

Copperhill CCD Cleaning Instructions

not worth getting the sensor swabs. I paid $90 for 12 sticks! Sometimes, when cleaning CMOS gotta trial and error cos 1 swipe cannot make it so may end up using more than 1 stick.

Ended up I bought the sensor swipe from Copperhill. Much better and cheaper alternative cos it uses PEC Pads which cost $18 but at least for a big packet.

latmo said:

at CP
must ask for it
they dont put it at the shelf u can reach

Hi,

May I ask where to get a rubber spatula? Can get from NTUC or Cold Storage?

Thanks.

deadpixel said:
For SG$18 it comes with 10 pieces of Pec*Pads.

The last time I checked, which was more than 7 months ago, the price stated on the box of Swabs was SG$120 but was quoted $85 after "discount."

Go with a homemade swab, all you need is a $3 rubber spatula from a supermarket's kitchenware section, a penknife, and some ultra-fine sandpaper.

To clean, just follow the instructions at this link:

Copperhill CCD Cleaning Instructions

sumball said:
Hi,

May I ask where to get a rubber spatula? Can get from NTUC or Cold Storage?

Thanks.

Many places have it, but I bought mine from Giant ... package of 2 for $2, I think. You need one with a narrow handle, and rubber "blade".

Cutting the rubber "straight" is a bit tricky, because the rubber deforms as you cut it.

But mine works very well with PEC-pads & Eclipse.

Thanks for the info.

Find the Eclipse is a bit too ex for such a small bottle....

and i didnt know it comes with the 10 PEC-pads, i bought the whole pack of this PEC-pads like very wasted.

sumball said:
Thanks for the info.

Find the Eclipse is a bit too ex for such a small bottle....

and i didnt know it comes with the 10 PEC-pads, i bought the whole pack of this PEC-pads like very wasted.
Actually, for $18, it's a bargin considering that you'll be using it for more than a year - you'll only need 3 drops per swab.

Whole pack a waste? :nono: You're going to find that you'll use them up quite quickly as a single swab may not get every bit off, that is unless you're an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.