juste_millieu

Mar 17, 2004
Singapore Garden Festival 2008
Event Dates : 25th Jul 2008 to 1st Aug 2008
Time of Event : 10am to 10pm
Venue : Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Category : Exhibition, Special Programme

Description
Singapore Garden Festival, the Premier International Garden and Flower Show in the Tropics to bring together and showcase creations from the world’s top award-winning garden and floral designers under one roof, returns on 25 July to 1 August 2008.

The truly cosmopolitan Singapore Garden Festival in 2006 was a roaring success, having received accolades from overseas horticultural experts, rave reviews from more than 200,000 visitors from Singapore and around the world, and full support from the industry. This pre-eminent event has been established as a top international flower and garden show in the tropics, further enhancing Singapore’s reputation as a garden city in the tropics.

Ticketing
Ticket Prices
General Admissions

Adult - SGD12 (Weekend), SGD6 (Weekday)
Concession - Child*, Student, Senior Citizen - SGD6 (Weekend), SGD3 (Weekday)

Family (2 Adults & 3 Children) - SGD36 (Weekend), SGD18 (Weekday)
*Free for children below 0.9m

Online ticketing through website at www.singaporegardenfestival.com from 1 Mar 08. Ticketing hotline: (65) 6393 0235 for assistance regarding online ticketing.

Onsite ticketing at Suntec Convention Centre from 25 Jul - 1 Aug 08

Website
http://www.singaporegardenfestival.com
For bookings, click here

Looks like no one "upped" this post, and for a moment I thought the shutter bugs in SG only interested in cars and babes...

Here's giving this event an UP. Counting down now. For those who have not gone out to buy your WA/ Macro lenses, this is the opportunity to justify your purchases to your "Finance Controllers" (WA - to take pics of "US" and the flower displays that are so large that a typical living room of a 5-room HDB looks small, and Macro to take pics of flowers that are good enough to be developed into A3 sized poster to be framed up and hung on your walls for that artistic feel) :bsmilie:

And for those of you who have all your gears ready, now you should get yourself a confy pair of footwear ready too, cos it will be a LLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG day at the show. Unless of cos if you're snapping pics with your brains, else, it will definitely be a long day.

Looks like no one "upped" this post, and for a moment I thought the shutter bugs in SG only interested in cars and babes...

Here's giving this event an UP. Counting down now. For those who have not gone out to buy your WA/ Macro lenses, this is the opportunity to justify your purchases to your "Finance Controllers" (WA - to take pics of "US" and the flower displays that are so large that a typical living room of a 5-room HDB looks small, and Macro to take pics of flowers that are good enough to be developed into A3 sized poster to be framed up and hung on your walls for that artistic feel) :bsmilie:

And for those of you who have all your gears ready, now you should get yourself a confy pair of footwear ready too, cos it will be a LLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG day at the show. Unless of cos if you're snapping pics with your brains, else, it will definitely be a long day.

sunday i will b there... ;) with my macro lense...

Too bad. Only 12-24 & 28-70 for me on Sunday, cos going with my Mdm. Dedicated another weekday to myself, and ONLY myself with my Macro, right angle view finder, tripod, flash, etc... :D

(",) So we are allowed to take photographs?

Event Dates : 25th Jul 2008 to 1st Aug 2008
Time of Event : 10am to 10pm
Venue : Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre
Category : Exhibition, Special Programme

Description
Singapore Garden Festival, the Premier International Garden and Flower Show in the Tropics to bring together and showcase creations from the world’s top award-winning garden and floral designers under one roof, returns on 25 July to 1 August 2008.

The truly cosmopolitan Singapore Garden Festival in 2006 was a roaring success, having received accolades from overseas horticultural experts, rave reviews from more than 200,000 visitors from Singapore and around the world, and full support from the industry. This pre-eminent event has been established as a top international flower and garden show in the tropics, further enhancing Singapore’s reputation as a garden city in the tropics.

Ticketing
Ticket Prices
General Admissions

Adult - SGD12 (Weekend), SGD6 (Weekday)
Concession - Child*, Student, Senior Citizen - SGD6 (Weekend), SGD3 (Weekday)

Family (2 Adults & 3 Children) - SGD36 (Weekend), SGD18 (Weekday)
*Free for children below 0.9m

Online ticketing through website at www.singaporegardenfestival.com from 1 Mar 08. Ticketing hotline: (65) 6393 0235 for assistance regarding online ticketing.

Onsite ticketing at Suntec Convention Centre from 25 Jul - 1 Aug 08

Website
http://www.singaporegardenfestival.com
For bookings, click here

I thought you can only buy tickets at Suntec from Sunday onwards??

erm... so photography confirm allowed ah?

i looking forward to bring my ring flash adaptor to try out

Yes, photography is definitely allowed. From 2006:

330755627_aa62505a5b.jpg

331853115_7ca4dda3dd.jpg

You chance to win an Alpha A300K

Come on guys! Bring the missus!

Went on the first day and there's already alot of visitors.

Very spacious - occupies level 4 and 6 but relatively dark especially at level 6. A lot of exhibits at level 6 and booths at level 4. Recommend wide angles, macro lens and tripod.

Went on the 1st day....and share this year photo...

2701366461_0a942146b5_m.jpg

2701365347_110f2867c5_m.jpg

2702179194_7050bef7fb_m.jpg

2701364947_1b265b821f_m.jpg

Hi all,

Am thinking of going for the festival tomorrow. I'm using a Canon 400D body. Just wondering if the 17-55mm f2.8 lens and a 100 f2.8 macro lenses will be enough...? Do I need a wider lens? And do I need a zoom lens?

Besides the above 2 lenses, I have also a 70-200mm f4 and a 50mm f1.4. Trying to see which lens(es) I can leave behind...

Will be bringing a tripod and a flash (430EX) also.

TIA. :)

Hi all,

Am thinking of going for the festival tomorrow. I'm using a Canon 400D body. Just wondering if the 17-55mm f2.8 lens and a 100 f2.8 macro lenses will be enough...? Do I need a wider lens? And do I need a zoom lens?

Besides the above 2 lenses, I have also a 70-200mm f4 and a 50mm f1.4. Trying to see which lens(es) I can leave behind...

Will be bringing a tripod and a flash (430EX) also.

TIA. :)

Me also going tomolo to test my D700, 24-120mm VR enough, too heavy very burden, flash not so ideal, spoil the color....:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.