Singapore Flyer

prempcc

Nov 15, 2012
hougang
7709516204_b130bc73af_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
composition, colour? actually, anything!

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
just wanted hear what others think

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
captured in the morning from singapore merlion

Hmmm composition is alright .could zoom out abit..feels kind of weird being so close up to a huge structure..u can try zooming out till u can get half a circle.....color is fine..nicely saturated by the golden hour..u can also try shooting in portrait mode..that would be more dramatic as this Inrge has quite alot of empty space on the left...i usually only leave such spaces when I'm shooting side facing portraits or living things or vast spaces with eye catching things on the left or right..

Last edited:
Hmmm composition is alright .could zoom out abit..feels kind of weird being so close up to a huge structure..u can try zooming out till u can get half a circle.....color is fine..nicely saturated by the golden hour..u can also try shooting in portrait mode..that would be more dramatic as this Inrge has quite alot of empty space on the left...i usually only leave such spaces when I'm shooting side facing portraits or living things or vast spaces with eye catching things on the left or right..

I beg to differ. It works for me and I like how the silhouetting emphasised the wheel structure.

Overall a lovely capture, like the point of view and perspective created for the viewer. Composition can maybe be a bit stronger, it's somewhat centralized. Can also try a crop without the dead space on the left. Think you did very well though, love the warm light and silhouette.

Yes, overall, is a nice capture and for me, should not crop any further. You said, " just want to hear what others will think." So what do you think of your own image then.One must not just look at the photo but look into the photo - <a quote by AA>

Last edited:
Nice colours and silhouette but a bit too underexposed for my taste. suggest backlight correction and cloning away the stadium lights at bottom left.
8192423751_959f824113_o.jpg

Nice colours and silhouette but a bit too underexposed for my taste. suggest backlight correction and cloning away the stadium lights at bottom left.

I like this this version.

good to see a different take on the Flyer! maybe slightly more side-on, to get a slightly better view of the Flyer...just my opinion! overall, like it!

8192423751_959f824113_o.jpg

I agree on the part of the stadium lights. Personally i will also cropped away the left dead space like whats ome mention above and apply the rule of third with the sun as the object of focus. Perhaps give a bit more space to the flyer when i take the pic.

Just my take. Cheers

Oo.. I like this picture. I love the dark feeling and emerge the sun.

This picture will work well as a square crop, I feel.

I agree that this picture will work well as a square crop. But for the underexposure part that Zaren mentioned, I think it's more of a personal preference. I prefer it to be just that little underexposed as it looks more realistic compared to the edited one.