singapore flyer draining singapore's "qi"

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
taken from yahoo singapore web news

SINGAPORE, Aug 9, 2008 (AFP) - Officials in Singapore have changed the direction of the world's biggest observation wheel because feng shui masters said it was taking good fortune away from the city, a report said Saturday.

for detail report, pls go to
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080809/tap-lifestyle-singapore-society-wheel-fe-06f3cb7.html

That's another way of saying "poor business" is not the fault of the management.
It is the designer's fault, he did not consider "qi" in his mechanical calculations. :dunno:

Now we know that the Singapore Flyer could "sway" as well...
So now that it's turning in a direction that is bringing in good feng shui (wind-water), it's no wonder that the NDP was such a wet one.

was suprised at the direction change. but it seems like they have yet to follow through with the boarding direction.

y ang moh listen to feng shui master for six figure sums?

I think its the feng shui master's master that is the true master ...

but ah, why this master only now speak?

No lah, they spent the six figure sum on buying a vowel--it's the Wheel of Fortune!

don't under estimate the importance of this.

another icon, the Merlion is also not frivolously located.
certainly its original placement and subsequent move to its present location would have been after consulting FS experts.

Heard that the late abbot of KongMingSantemple Hong Choon choose the original location. He was an expert of water FS. Most suitable for the Merlion next to the water.

Last edited:
Now we know that the Singapore Flyer could "sway" as well...
So now that it's turning in a direction that is bringing in good feng shui (wind-water), it's no wonder that the NDP was such a wet one.

ya man yesterday's rain felt like a typhoon!

It has not rained for 40 years for NDP..... there is coffeeshop talk that the rain this year is a bad omen for Singapore's future.

consulting a Fengshui master on hindsight sounds like a scam. wads next, angle of the Flyer not good, need tilting? :rolleyes:

not to mention the obscene pricetag of the consultation. another peanut i suppose?..

can a person's, or nation's well being be attributed to good/bad fengshui alone? :think: liddat dun need to work hard liao, i got alot of good "qi". :bsmilie:

The wheel needs the numbers 8888 on it.

When it rotates to 8 o'clock 8 minutes and 8 seconds the wheel has to stop for 8 minutes.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

you may have misunderstood.
if many FS experts say so, then it is unlikely they wish to overcharge for the advice.
the 6 figure sum mentioned by the person in the news article may be for engineering changes to reverse the direction of the motor and the related gearing. will include the disruption to operation and thus lost earnings during the engineering fixes. will include software changes to the master control program and any safety related issues.

Last edited:
Yes, there was rain but you didn't mention the beautiful sunset and the rainbow after the rain.

It has not rained for 40 years for NDP..... there is coffeeshop talk that the rain this year is a bad omen for Singapore's future.

still, would an oversight that inccurs a 6-figure so soon is acceptable? to whom?

while it may never be let known to the public, let's not assume to money will be spent here.. & there... unless the info can be had on good authority.

another day another report on ill advised or ill thoughtout decisions with $$ lost. :nono:

you may have misunderstood.
if many FS experts say so, then it is unlikely they wish to overcharge for the advice.
the 6 figure sum mentioned by the person in the news article may be for engineering changes to reverse the direction of the motor and the related gearing. will include the disruption to operation and thus lost earnings during the engineering fixes. will include software changes to the master control program and any safety related issues.

Ya lor I thought that was what he meant or implied.

For engineering costs, 6 figures for such a big piece of machinery is cheap. It involves, PE endorsement, software changes, downtime income loss, new parts etc. (anyway, 6-figure can range from $100,001 to $999,999)

Its not as simple as just reverse the motor to move in the other direction. Just imagine riding a motorcycle in reverse (more of a permanent mode), it harder to control, need to change the gearbox so that you have different gear ratio in reverse direction and also to re-engineer how to steer the bike.

You gotta belief in FS. I heard that when the MRT project started, it disrupted the "sleeping Dragon" in Singapore, thus causing the great recession in 1997. I also heard some FS master did something to nail down the Dragon tail to prevent it from leaving Singapore.

Last edited:
For engineering costs, 6 figures for such a big piece of machinery is cheap. It involves, PE endorsement, software changes, downtime income loss, new parts etc. (anyway, 6-figure can range from $100,001 to $999,999)

Its not as simple as just reverse the motor to move in the other direction. Just imagine riding a motorcycle in reverse (more of a permanent mode), it harder to control, need to change the gearbox so that you have different gear ratio in reverse direction and also to re-engineer how to steet the bike.

:thumbsup:

will like to add on, its not just a peice of machinery, we are talking about human life here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.